Wage Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
    Apparently in today's Guardian is says we are still paying Zarate's wages!
    that wouldn't surprise me

Comment

Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
      Apparently in today's Guardian is says we are still paying Zarate's wages!
      yeah... i guess we are, doubt there would be a clause saying that we only pay him when he's fit.

i'm slightly baffled as to how we only knocked £2.7m off the wage bill myself, i'd guess the following contributed:

we paid up majority of the contracts of players who left early by mutual consent (cisse, bosingwa, anton)
      we subsidised big chunks of the costs of various loaned-out players (i'd guess remy's wages were covered, but taarabt would have been something like the 4th highest paid player in serie a, so unlikely that milan were coughing up his full wages)
      the costs of various pantomime villains both departed (cesar etc) and still here (swp etc)
      some not-so-cheap recruits (bae, benayoun, krancjar were all probably not exactly bargain-bucket jobs)
      some still-well-paid regular first-team players without relegation clauses (barton, green, zamora etc)
      hefty promotion bonuses (which are exempt from ffp, for reasons i don't really understand)

Comment

Working...
      X