Wage Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wage Bill

The new accounts don't make good reading for last season. How on earth could we only lower the wage bill by £2.7m from our relegation year?

£75m for a Championship team that was awful, jesus christ!

I was listening to talksport this morning and they gave a run down of all prem teams and what position they are in the league compared to what position in the wage league table. We are under performing by about 8 positions. Not a great shock tbh.

Comment

I reckon cos that included players who we loaned out but were still contributing wages to. Remy, Mbia, Granero etc. The likes of SWP we just couldnt get rid of. I think we did the best we could do. Cant imagine the likes of Simpson or Dunne being signed on huge wages.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
        I was listening to talksport this morning and they gave a run down of all prem teams and what position they are in the league compared to what position in the wage league table. We are under performing by about 8 positions. Not a great shock tbh.
        And to be honest, without hr in charge for so long we would of very likely of been bang on target then.

Comment

I hate HR but he did a good job shifting most of these divas
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Wish we still had Granero

Comment

Poor ownership I'm afraid....we are pompey in the making!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                I reckon cos that included players who we loaned out but were still contributing wages to. Remy, Mbia, Granero etc. The likes of SWP we just couldnt get rid of. I think we did the best we could do. Cant imagine the likes of Simpson or Dunne being signed on huge wages.
                Look at the clubs they all signed for, they should have covered all of the wages. Remy was on around £80k a week, nearly £4m a year.

It doesn't add up for me or our negotiating skills are fat worse than I originally thought and I didn't think highly of them anyway.

So many questions need answering, it's actually embarrassing how much of a mess this regime has got us in. The only saving grace is it's all personal loans and they're willing to write it off. I do wonder if that'll be the case if the stadium land falls through though?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                  The new accounts don't make good reading for last season. How on earth could we only lower the wage bill by £2.7m from our relegation year?

£75m for a Championship team that was awful, jesus christ!
                  I get the feeling we've been putting the cart before the horse just signing any player we fancy willy nilly and not thinking about the wage bill.

The correct way to do it is to set a target wage bill and then don't go over. Once you have reached the target you need to get rid of wage costs before you can add new ones. That process is called budgeting but it's probably too new for HR to have ever heard of it, although I'm shocked that TF and Co. did not impose it on him.
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I'm guessing at the end of the season when a lot of players we bought at the begging of Tony's ownership will finally out of contract. Lessons have been learnt. To the point I think we can't of shout ourselves in the foot in January and not bring in any more players

Comment

I think this season has been completely different to previous seasons. If you look at our summer buys, Fer, Caulker, Sandro and Mutch all would have been on reasonable wages and should be able to recoup at least the fees back (we already have on Mutch). All the loans we have we are not committed to buying and we have shipped out some high earners in cesar, remy, granero, park, Johnson, mbia and young. Bobby had a vastly reduced contract and in my mind I can only think of SWP, green and Onouha on big wages above their abilities.

We also have some younger players such as McCarthy, Robinson, yun as well as experienced pros such as Henry and dunne. I most definitely think lessons have been learnt, and whilst it has been a very painful and expensive mistake, I'm sure it is something we will not be trying again and the finances will start to recover from next year

Although a wages:turnover ratio of 195% last season is just plain madness!!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9816421/chelsea-showing-good-value-in-performance-and-wage-stakes
                      Last edited by oldskoolturk; 22-04-2015, 07:45 AM.

Comment

A better manager would have gelled those players together, at least Sparkless had an excuse, he was focusing on all aspects of the club, from the academy to the building of the new stadium, our Arry only focused on the first team.

That said, in the right hands, I do believe we have a good core to move forward, if we stay up I do believe we will be ok!
                        Kept the faith!

Comment

Ahhhhh well

Comment

Apparently in today's Guardian is says we are still paying Zarate's wages!

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                              I hate HR but he did a good job shifting most of these divas
                              Did he? Sounds like we're still subsidising wages for most of them and it's hard to say he brought in the right personnel .

I bet you Caulker & Fer for example are on at least 50-60k p/w (Though Fer is probably worth that tbh).

There are dodgy dealings going on behind the scenes at the club. We're hopeless when it comes to negotiating deals. I maintain that TF, Mittal & the other investors are probably using the club for tax tricks...

Comment

Working...
                              X