Liverpool away SOLD OUT??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
    Yet they are happy to pay SWP 60k a week but won't risk a few more tickets for away games !!

The bigger allocations for WBA & HULL were justified as we took a lot more than the minimum allocation and only around 200 went unsold at both games, surely its better to have 2500 rangers there in a 3k allocation with 500 empty seats than 1300 in the smallest allocation ?

As for that Man City game whoever thought we would take the full allocation to a game live on bt at 17.30 is a bigger mug than person who handed out the contracts to Barton , SWP etc
    Are you really comparing players to empty seats?

400 seats at Hull remained unsold and 500 at WBA. The point was them games were huge and a fraction of the price, yet we didn't sell out.

It's funny as people are moaning about games that were on general sale for weeks but now blaming the club when in fact it's only themselves.

I noticed there is still 1,100 tickets remaining for Man City so probably looking at 900 tickets going on general sale in what will be a huge game. I wonder if people want to show their support to the lads then, as you say it makes a difference. I somehow think we'll struggle though because it's on TV, proper fans eh!

Leicester will #### me off as well, no doubt half the allocation will be full of people on their first visit away from home. The club needs to look at the loyalty system and actually give points for away games only or come up with a system where people who actually go to away games get first priority which isn't the case right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
      Are you really comparing players to empty seats?

400 seats at Hull remained unsold and 500 at WBA. The point was them games were huge and a fraction of the price, yet we didn't sell out.

It's funny as people are moaning about games that were on general sale for weeks but now blaming the club when in fact it's only themselves.

I noticed there is still 1,100 tickets remaining for Man City so probably looking at 900 tickets going on general sale in what will be a huge game. I wonder if people want to show their support to the lads then, as you say it makes a difference. I somehow think we'll struggle though because it's on TV, proper fans eh!

Leicester will #### me off as well, no doubt half the allocation will be full of people on their first visit away from home. The club needs to look at the loyalty system and actually give points for away games only or come up with a system where people who actually go to away games get first priority which isn't the case right now.
      Some people don't decide if they are going to a game until a week or so before the fact is Liverpool sold out with over 10 days to go to the game which would indicate we could of sold more

The official site said 200 for Hull and 154 for WBA but anyway its not really the point the point is we took more than the smaller allocation.

The point regarding players is they are quite happy to waste money on giving stupid contracts to people but won't risk losing a few £ which is basically small change to get the most amount of fans going to a game as possible

As for going on general sale who cares nearly all games go on general sale so don't really see your point and like I said better to have more Rangers there with empty seats than a sold out lower allocation

As for Man City I booked train tickets but now they have moved the game won't be bothering to go as already shelled out once for train tickets and can't afford to do it again , we would of easily taken 2000+ plus to City but seeing as its now on a Sunday ( #### day for football ) and on TV loads quite rightly won't bother.

Allocation for Leicester is 3k so anyone who wants one will get one saying that I will only bother if something is riding on it

Its not every allocation and some of them have been spot on just think they need to use their heads a bit more
      We Are The People.....

Comment

I can't believe we can't sell our full allocation with free coach travel on most occasions, all the big time Charlie's will want to go to the leicester game, if I had the opportunity to go every week I would,
        You Rsssssss

Comment

the problem with away games is u don't know who u will be sitting next to , drunks, standing up etc, there was an old boy late 70's sitting by me at WBA i don't think he got to see any of the goals as he couldn't stand up . when my kids were little they didn't get to see much of the games for people standing. i've seen us play at 57 different grounds but pick my aways now

Comment

I think the Liverpool tickets went on sale surprisingly early. My impression is that LFC played hard-ball with us and said we want to know NOW if you want full allocation which caused us to err on side of caution. If we were given the option to see how sales went over a week/10 days I reckon we'd have had more confidence in taking full allocation.
            At the time tickets went on sale I'd have thought it highly unlikely we'd have sold 3000 tickets @ £47 a pop so I don't blame club at all over this.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              the problem with away games is u don't know who u will be sitting next to , drunks, standing up etc, there was an old boy late 70's sitting by me at WBA i don't think he got to see any of the goals as he couldn't stand up . when my kids were little they didn't get to see much of the games for people standing. i've seen us play at 57 different grounds but pick my aways now
              i think it can be good and bad like you said, but i reckon generally good. I like the chaps I sit next to in R but on away days you bump into all sorts of other supporters you'd never normally see. there's been a few decent blokes Ive met on away days and its a nice change of pace.
              you do see the occasional geezer who's ready to have a row about people standing - some young birds in row 2 intentionally trying to stand all game at Hull (to the anger of the people sat behind them), some geezer who wanted to row with me about standing at Stoke (even though he had not said 1 word to me beforehand.. like "please sit down")
              but all in all the change is nice. i dont see it as a problem
              Rangers Til I Die
              follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Working...
              X