Legal Case Against QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Case Against QPR

I was one of the QPR fans who brought legal action against QPR over the treatment I received from their stewards.

After reading the original post and replies on here I want to thank all of you for your positive comments, it's good to know that you are all as outraged over this as me and my fellow supporter who also brought a legal case are.

I have no problem in naming the stewards involved, I have it on legal advice that it is OK to do so, it's obvious from your description that we are talking about the same female, but I am not sure what good that would do if I did.

I would urge anybody who has been on the receiving end or who may receive such treatment to contact Amanda Jacks of the FSF, amanda.jacks@fsf.org.uk, she works with all fans and without her help and that of a very good solicitor Darren, we would never have been able to bring a case against QPR.

Someone has kindly already copied a link to the other message board of my original statement so I won't repeat it all again however I would like to say this:

Again I want to thank everyone's positive comments however I do not want this to be a reason to inflame an obviously emotive subject with the stewards at QPR.
    Please show some restraint when you are next at the home games because both myself and my fellow supporter Bob would not want to wish what we have experienced on anyone else. It's not pleasant.
    Given that I was being attacked by several stewards whilst I was being spat at in the face by the female one, I was tempted to lash out, but thankfully I didn't, it gave me the upper hand and what helped me win my case.
    Don't forget there are a lot of good stewards there that I'm sure do a good job and it's unfair to tar everyone with the same brush.

Our fight to effect changes at QPR will continue, there is a coveted journalist who has taken up our story so expect more on this that will no doubt embarrass the club and those that ignore what is happening.
    There is a lot more that has gone on at the club that needs to be told and it will be. We are planning on lobbying more organisations and groups like the FA, police, council and MP's and the blog by the FSF as well as your reaction on here has helped with this.

I think a positive and effective move would be to arrange some kind of petition, can anyone who has any influence or access to a lot of fans help arrange this?
    I would be interested in hearing from anyone who can.

Guys enjoy the rest of the season and stay safe.

We done to you mate for standing up for what's right, the stewards at Rangers are a big joke. I can't disagree with someone wanting to lash out, to be treated by a woman steward like that is unacceptable.as you say there are a lot off good stewards down there but I just think there jobsworth useless w ankers
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Spat in your face? Head goes surely!!!, well done for holding yourself together.she won't be so lucky next time.
      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

odd lot are 99% of stewards in my eyes....that tamwar or whjats his name spectacled gimp on enders the sort who do it....might be the hi vis jacket that does it for em!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Female or not.. Wow, spitting!! Fair play mate, don't think I could have took that. Hopefully they get what they deserve. These stewards are a strange breed aren't they. I expect they have all applied to be in the army, police, security guards etc, etc.. And been rejected. This gives them some sort of power.
          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

one

one of my best mates is waiting to take stewards to court,he wasnt allowed to go to the 24th of may hes missed
            so many games because of heavy handedness and complete idiotsy
            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

I think it's disgusting you've brought a legal case against your own team. Very weird
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                I think it's disgusting you've brought a legal case against your own team. Very weird
                The legal case was brought against those who were liable for fan mistreatment. Or would you prefer such abuses to go unpunished?
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

This is the bit that got me.

Our fight to effect changes at QPR will continue, there is a coveted journalist who has taken up our story so expect more on this that will no doubt embarrass the club and those that ignore what is happening.
                  There is a lot more that has gone on at the club that needs to be told and it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    This is the bit that got me.

There is a lot more that has gone on at the club that needs to be told and it will be.
                    Surely a good thing. Hiding head in sand only leads to more problems.
                    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Indeed, desperate times requires desperate measures
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Put yourself in his shoes, take them to court or do 3 years for assault and battery
                        You Rsssssss

Comment

Bit sad aint it?.. Do people really care THAT much about the stewarding haha...

Why would you waste your time and effort.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            Bit sad aint it?.. Do people really care THAT much about the stewarding haha...

Why would you waste your time and effort.
                            It's the principle, be honest what you do if a female spat in your boat
                            You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                              It's the principle, be honest what you do if a female spat in your boat
                              Not sure id get myself into the situation of being spat on.

I just think its a bit sad really that people are bothering to take legal action against the club, increasing media spotlight further and having to go through the ordeal itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X