Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Morning After The Night Before

Feel great weirdly.

Was a mixture of completely gutted & anger at Greens mistake yesterday, walking out of the ground, but waking up today I really appreciate what a fantastic effort our players & management team put in.

To a man we were superb. One of the best fighting performances I've seen in a long long time & taught me a lot about this bunch, and Chris Ramsey. If we go down, we go down scrapping for our lives & that's all we can ask.

We should feel proud today as Chelsea absolutely nicked that, and they know it. Had a few of them on the phone who I normally have a good bit of sl@gging with all saying we should have not only drawn, but won.

We aint dead just yet..

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post

We aint dead just yet..
    Far from it. Key thing is to keep the same sprit and we will survive, no doubt about that

Comment

Originally posted by ArticHoop View Post
      Far from it. Key thing is to keep the same sprit and we will survive, no doubt about that
      Like many have mentioned before, why don't we turn in these kind of performances week in week out? In fairness to Ramsey, since he's taken over the team look a lot more hardened to battle & set up better.

Comment

Good post. They were great and its a tough one to take in the manner it happened having contained them perfectly all game.

What annoyed me was on sky afterwards also was other than saying QPR will be disappointed having played well, they went on for ages about Chelsea winning when not playing well is mark of champions etc... Yes we know that, but what about commenting on how brilliantly we played to stop them playing well. We had more chances and on target efforts. We prevented them having a single effort on target until that gift, yet no mention. How many times does that happen with them....? Also, Hazard was kept completely quiet again until that gift, and again how often has that happened....?

Very proud but gutted also, tough one. At least it wasn't against a side near the bottom. But so so many late goals against us in recent months, Swansea, Southampton, hull, everton, villa, Chelsea..... That's 8 lost points right there.

Comment

Like many have mentioned before, why don't we turn in these kind of performances week in week out? In fairness to Ramsey, since he's taken over the team look a lot more hardened to battle & set up better.
          And compete home and away as they should. Home results not gone for us, but as said on other thread they have all generally been by 1 goal against mainly top sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            At least it wasn't against a side near the bottom. But so so many late goals against us in recent months, Swansea, Southampton, hull, everton, villa, Chelsea..... That's 8 lost points right there.
            Come the end of the season its the lack of draws that may well kill as the single points all add up and the draws column is really low in comparison to others. You can add Liverpool to the list of late goals too

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Come the end of the season its the lack of draws that may well kill as the single points all add up and the draws column is really low in comparison to others. You can add Liverpool to the list of late goals too
              Totally agree. Forgot Liverpool, more robbery that day. Probably others too.

Comment

Well said Jim.

Comment

Feel great weirdly.

Was a mixture of completely gutted & anger at Greens mistake yesterday, walking out of the ground, but waking up today I really appreciate what a fantastic effort our players & management team put in.

To a man we were superb. One of the best fighting performances I've seen in a long long time & taught me a lot about this bunch, and Chris Ramsey. If we go down, we go down scrapping for our lives & that's all we can ask.

We should feel proud today as Chelsea absolutely nicked that, and they know it. Had a few of them on the phone who I normally have a good bit of sl@gging with all saying we should have not only drawn, but won.

We aint dead just yet..
                  Top post Jim!!... when that goal went in and the final whistle went I was absolutely focked, felt completely drained. All match I was on edge thinking we've got this, only a matter of time til Austin puts 1 in, I was that confident. Then the scum go and focking win and it just took the stuffing out of me... but if we the fans and players turn up like we did yesterday I know we can do W.Ham and Newcastle at LR, not a doubt in my mind!! Thats 6 points and at least a point in any of the other matches and we're safe imho.... but I can see the momentum from a convincing Newcastle win carrying us into Leicester and doing them.....

Bottom line - Im hurting from yesterday but after 'everyones' performance theres still hope!!
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                    Totally agree. Forgot Liverpool, more robbery that day. Probably others too.
                    Robbery with the homeowner having left the door and a window open. Punishing errors happen too many times to be unlucky. Ten seconds of sloppy play recently led to goals which cost us two points at Villa, three at Hull and one yesterday. Not to mention two against Swansea and one against Southampton.

Comment

Great post jimmy mate, except the last line for me. It was a great performance but i dont think we have got enough about is to stay up.
                      If people really believe we can do it (and i would love for the miracle to happen), have a little bet, cos if you had a bet on us surviving you would get amazing odds and make a right few quid.

Comment

Least were going down grafting this time lads

Comment

If we continue the with the same fighting spirit of the last 3 games, I believe we will stay up. If we don't then at least the players tried their best and we will go down with our heads up.
                          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            What Sunderland have managed to do despite being much worse than us.
                            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                              What Sunderland have managed to do despite being much worse than us.
                              Still think it will be 3 of Leicester, Hull, Burnley and Sunderland who go down tbh
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X