Barton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barton

Joey gets a lot of stick on this forum, often unfair stick at that, but today he was sensational. Did the job expected of him to the letter and was constantly pressurising players and winning the ball back. His energy levels and effort excellent too chasing from one player to the next and the next, and the next, repeatedly. Plus while on the yellow card knife edge knowing one more would be a ban, so needed to remain in control at all times.

To be fair the whole team did great, but what a travesty and shame yet again that a goal which cost us points can be attributed to an error from one of our players. Green's kicking was poor most of he game with many aimed to Phillips going straight out of play, and that last one was a complete mess, but these things keep happening to us.

Great team performance though and I just hope that goal won't dent confidence too much and they can actually focus on the positives from the game.

Was brilliant today, proper captains performance
    From the Hills of Kerry
    To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Great post, Del. Joey was class today. And wasn't booked. Best player on the pitch. He worked so hard.

Comment

completely agree..barton was immense today.

Comment

Was everywhere. Honourable mention for Sandro as well, if only he was fit all season.

Comment

Was very good only complaint would be that he should have put in Austin when he went for stupid shot

Also Henry wide left let no one down

Comment

Was very good, along with all the outfield players.

Wasted a very good chance to put Charlie in clear on goal, and made some appalling passes, but work rate and general game was as good as he has been playing recently. Good to see the improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by KuPR View Post
                Was very good, along with all the outfield players.

Wasted a very good chance to put Charlie in clear on goal, and made some appalling passes, but work rate and general game was as good as he has been playing recently. Good to see the improvement.
                You really hate him dont ya.

Comment

He is the only real captain in the team. Sets the tempo and leads from the front.

Comment

Since returning from his ban he's been outstanding.

Clear MOTM v WBA; excellent again v Villa; and once again my MOTM today (although Phillips ran him very close).

We really do miss him when he's out, and thankfully didnt get booked today which would have triggered another ban.

Comment

A very good match from him. Sure he has matured a lot as a person? At least on one occasion, a Chelsea player tried to Wind him up by faking a fault.
                      Last edited by Shania; 12-04-2015, 05:14 PM.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        You really hate him dont ya.
                        Wouldn't say hate, but I dislike the man yes. I like to think I just provide balance to those saying he was 'immense'

He was much, much better today than 90% of his performances this season, but he still made mistakes and bad decisions.

He had a good game , hope he keeps it up. Don't know whether he deserves a thread ahead of the other 9 outfield players, but very good stuff.

Comment

I am to gutted to watch the match, did joey get man off the match on sky
                          You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                            Green's kicking was poor most of he game with many aimed to Phillips going straight out of play, and that last one was a complete mess, but these things keep happening to us.
                            yeah I noticed that he kept aiming for Phillips but hashing them. That should have been scrapped after he got the first few wrong and gone straight up to the front 2 as we kept handing the ball back to Chelsea unnecessarily by kicking it out of play or just straight to Hazard

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                              I am to gutted to watch the match, did joey get man off the match on sky
                              yeah he did

Comment

Working...
                              X