Deserved credit to the 10 outfield players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deserved credit to the 10 outfield players

Just want to big up and deservedly thank and praise the 10 players out there today who thoroughly did themselves and the club proud.

Each to a man they were well up for it and for 87 minutes were a match for who will undoubtedly be the champions this season.

A great team effort and but for some great goalkeeping by Courtois - who knows?

Shame it all counts for nothing thanks to Green and his total incompetence at basic goalkeeping requirements. Really let his team mates down today.

Worst kicker of the ball I have ever seen.
    He put 3 or 4 goal kicks out for a throw-in during the first half alone.

Anyway, forget Green, well done to the rest of them out there.

If they can continue to put in performances like that then there's still a chance.

Courtois played well, we played as good as we possibly could have played, could have had a goal, and it all got #### under at the end.

I like that Matty is coming around now. Nedum played really well today to. Sandro has been disappointing all year imo.

Comment

Amazed how quick some are to turn on their own..green has been one of better players all season. understand peoples disappointment but as a keeper your mistakes are nearly always going to be punished. as Ramsey said , there was plenty of opportunity to defend after the kick...surely we win as a team and we lose as a team.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
        Amazed how quick some are to turn on their own..green has been one of better players all season. understand peoples disappointment but as a keeper your mistakes are nearly always going to be punished. as Ramsey said , there was plenty of opportunity to defend after the kick...surely we win as a team and we lose as a team.
        Scary eh?
        Kept the faith!

Comment

This is true, but the bloke gets plenty of plaudits for his saves.

Green is on 50k a week and can't kick the ball properly, it's a bit shite really.

Comment

Kicking is a fairly basic requirement for a premier league keeper and yet again today his were appaling . I like green but he has cost us dearly again . This is the most brutal league in the world and you can't afford to make stupid mistakes something unfortunatly that he seems incapable of cutting out . Harsh but that's reality , it's no surprise he's been relegated a few times before . Those mistakes count

Comment

Ramsey won't blame Green but the defence he says should have done better fu*king idiot.
              Last edited by Macca; 12-04-2015, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                Kicking is a fairly basic requirement for a premier league keeper and yet again today his were appaling . I like green but he has cost us dearly again . This is the most brutal league in the world and you can't afford to make stupid mistakes something unfortunatly that he seems incapable of cutting out . Harsh but that's reality , it's no surprise he's been relegated a few times before . Those mistakes count
                true. but as i said in another thread..as a keeper your mistakes are highlighted much more than anywhere else on the pitch.

if as a striker you have 20 shots 17 hit row z and you score 3 you are a hero
                as a keeper you make 20 good save and make a bad mistake and let in one you are the villain

Comment

true. but as i said in another thread..as a keeper your mistakes are highlighted much more than anywhere else on the pitch.
                  Hold up 3L were not talking about him dropping a ball under pressure or fumbling a shot when the boots are flying in at him. we are talking about him f ucking up a basic kick from hand why are you making excuses and defending him. The guy cant kick and has proven that the last three seasons all his kicks go straight up in the air or out for throw ins

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Hold up 3L were not talking about him dropping a ball under pressure or fumbling a shot when the boots are flying in at him. we are talking about him f ucking up a basic kick from hand why are you making excuses and defending him. The guy cant kick and has proven that the last three seasons all his kicks go straight up in the air or out for throw ins
                    I am defending him because I don't need to make someone a scapegoat after every game, for every mistake he has made he has also kept us in another game. He is an easy target. Yes his kicking is poor and the tactic of booting every goal kick to Phillips on the wing is a poor one , not helped by having no one playing left midfield in an attacking sense.

Comment

Who was to blame ? Green because he made a poor kick or Isla because the ball was out on the byline with Hazard and Isla backed off, he then let his man run into the box un challenged to get a return pass from Oscar before pulling it back to Fabregas ,hmmm not sure Greeno is to blame for that but he gets blamed for the goal !!!!!

Comment

A really silly title for the thread. To blame one player like that is nonsense. Also, I think there is a plan for the kicks to go wide. not being a keeper but -I would think this has to increase the odds on a ball going out of play. An awful mistake and costly -but I think Rob knows that without the need for the armchair critics on here to pile in. IF we survive it will be down to Rob playing a blinder at Anfield and Leicester. Mark my words.

Comment

Greens fault 100% and he cost us a point. We were not in trouble all match and he passes to on of their players one the half way line when all our players are in their half waiting to attack to try and get us a win to keep us up. Saying that though, wont be sad to see isla get on that plane back to chile, the sooner the better for me,

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
                            Who was to blame ? Green because he made a poor kick or Isla because the ball was out on the byline with Hazard and Isla backed off, he then let his man run into the box un challenged to get a return pass from Oscar before pulling it back to Fabregas ,hmmm not sure Greeno is to blame for that but he gets blamed for the goal !!!!!
                            Had the keeper put his foot through it Webbie were at the other end of the pitch possibly scoring our self. He managed to boot it to the other end of the pitch after picking it out the net when he walloped it. Its his fault

Why he always skies his kicks needs be questioned not first time he has done it and guarantee it wont be the last either. Two goals conceded from him this season doing the exact same thing

Comment

You wouldn't want to be in the trenches with Isla.

Comment

Working...
                              X