Cb targets who we missed out on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cb targets who we missed out on.

I think Ashley Williams is one of them. Any others?
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

If the board ad then guts to get troy deeney in January we could off been out off this mess by now
    You Rsssssss

Comment

He was never realistic target he was using us for improved deal

We had two targets band got them Rio and Caulker both been disappointments

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        He was never realistic target he was using us for improved deal

We had two targets band got them Rio and Caulker both been disappointments
        Your right 2 very disappointing signings especially caulker, Rio we should have never signed
        You Rsssssss

Comment

Ron Vlaar was also a target

Comment

This is from the mark hughes summer but he could have been one of the biggest signings the club has made, Dede from Vasco at the time and now at Cuzeiro. He is unreal and I believe we missed out on him due to work permit failings.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
              Ron Vlaar was also a target
              I think spuds wanted him to. So that kyboshed that
              You Rsssssss

Comment

All bottom teams scapegoat defenders and GK's, correct?

Caulker is an outstanding CB. If he gets caught out going forward, that's a tactical issue, players play how they're told to play. If the defending cover is wrong when it happens, that's down to managers and defense coaches.

For example, if Hoilett is told to cut inside and shoot, that's what he will do.

If Hoilett is told to stay wide and cross, that's what he will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                  All bottom teams scapegoat defenders and GK's, correct?

Caulker is an outstanding CB. If he gets caught out going forward, that's a tactical issue, players play how they're told to play. If the defending cover is wrong when it happens, that's down to managers and defense coaches.

For example, if Hoilett is told to cut inside and shoot, that's what he will do.

If Hoilett is told to play wide and cross, that's what he will do.

Watch out though, people will call you crazy for saying that one of the best english centre backs, is one of the best english centre backs...
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

You need to remember who our managers have been, Mark Hughes, Harry Redknapp and Chris Ramsey aren't known as defensive tacticians. They will get a lot out of the team going forward, but defensively they aren't great. Look at Paul Lambert, got the best out of his team defensively but couldn't get them attacking as well as they should.

Comment

Outstanding????? Come on. Even if you don't think him c rap, no case can be made that he's outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        You need to remember who our managers have been, Mark Hughes, Harry Redknapp and Chris Ramsey aren't known as defensive tacticians. They will get a lot out of the team going forward, but defensively they aren't great. Look at Paul Lambert, got the best out of his team defensively but couldn't get them attacking as well as they should.
                        Er. How exactly, this season or last, did Harry 'get a lot out of this team going forward'???? Have you seen where we are in the league? How can you be so easily pleased???!

Comment

The cb from Nottingham forest what was his name? Not even in their team now, I think.

Oh and Brede Hangeland Could have worked Wonders alongside Caulker or Iffy Hides behind the sofa now.
                          Last edited by Shania; 11-04-2015, 01:17 PM.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            Er. How exactly, this season or last, did Harry 'get a lot out of this team going forward'???? Have you seen where we are in the league? How can you be so easily pleased???!
                            We have had in every season in the prem at some point, one of the in form strikers. First season with Hughes we had Cisse, then we had Remy then we had austin.

Plus Harry is an attacking coach, I'm saying he gets a lot out of the teams relative to expectancy.

Comment

Working...
                            X