Chris Ramsay tactical genius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Onuoha, caulker and dunne if we play three at the back, dunne in the middle of the three. Isla on the right and matty on the left if we have to play that formation, middle should be Barton, sandro and fer and austin and bobby up front.
    We would get murdered with 3 at the back like we have on each occasion we have used it....

Comment

I hear you all saying he got it wrong before the changes and thus he's out of his depth (nonsense in my opinion)

So who (without the power of hindsight) would you have started last night with Yun and vargas out?

Most thought the lineup was ok at kick off (if very slow down our left) and what changes would you have made 2-1 down at half time.

Sorry but Ramsay has shown he can adapt, change and bring out the best in our forgotten players like Phillips.

In 2015 Phillips has the second most assists in top level European football 1 behind messi. Good on you CR!!!

Comment

Phillips is a RM. He is currently our best player. We have to play him RM.

Yun back in for Hill at LB. Possibly Dunne or Hill in for Caulker.

Comment

When he first took over his tactical changes were beyond a joke, hes learnt very fast and has been superb with his line ups and subs the last two games. Why do we always get worldy free kicks against us that ruin our lives, wigan anyone?.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            When he first took over his tactical changes were beyond a joke, hes learnt very fast and has been superb with his line ups and subs the last two games. Why do we always get worldy free kicks against us that ruin our lives, wigan anyone?.
            Totally agree with CR learning quickly and his switch to 3-5-2 last night was impressive. It brought us back into the game by fillling the middle with an extra body and nullifying the threat of benteke while keeping 2 strikers on the pitch which is our main strength, it also accommodated the lack of pace of Hill into the team as it meant traore covered the wing in defence and allowed Hill to play more centrally. The people who criticise CR for not starting with that formation are being harsh IMO as we had just beaten WBA 4-1 and so it is fair to have confidence in that formation

In regards to worldy freekicks, a big problem is we cannot defend properly and with composure so when we are leading late in a game we tend to panic and give away stupid frrekicks in dangerous positions. Although If we were searching for the win and got a freekick late on I doubt we would have dispatched so impressively.

Comment

If Sherwood comes sniffing for Ramsey next season then he can fvck right off...

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                Totally agree with CR learning quickly and his switch to 3-5-2 last night was impressive. It brought us back into the game by fillling the middle with an extra body and nullifying the threat of benteke while keeping 2 strikers on the pitch which is our main strength, it also accommodated the lack of pace of Hill into the team as it meant traore covered the wing in defence and allowed Hill to play more centrally. The people who criticise CR for not starting with that formation are being harsh IMO as we had just beaten WBA 4-1 and so it is fair to have confidence in that formation

In regards to worldy freekicks, a big problem is we cannot defend properly and with composure so when we are leading late in a game we tend to panic and give away stupid frrekicks in dangerous positions. Although If we were searching for the win and got a freekick late on I doubt we would have dispatched so impressively.
                And also ignorant to the fact that Traore was not 100% fit and could not play the full game. Never thought I would hear that Traore put his heart on the line and played in pain for us.
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Isla was very disappointing last night. He was bought, of course, as a wing back - and when Harry ditched 3 at the back for 4-4-2, in the first few games Isla looked a complete liability. Then he seemed to get his head around what he should be doing and was much better - at times one of our best players. Last night (in particular) he seemed to completely forget again how to defend when playing conventional RB. I hope he gets his focus back v quick if we continue playing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                    I hear you all saying he got it wrong before the changes and thus he's out of his depth (nonsense in my opinion)

So who (without the power of hindsight) would you have started last night with Yun and vargas out?

Most thought the lineup was ok at kick off (if very slow down our left) and what changes would you have made 2-1 down at half time.

Sorry but Ramsay has shown he can adapt, change and bring out the best in our forgotten players like Phillips.

In 2015 Phillips has the second most assists in top level European football 1 behind messi. Good on you CR!!!
                    Agreed and I hope he will continue in his job With us.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      We would get murdered with 3 at the back like we have on each occasion we have used it....
                      I made the point regarding if we had to play 3 atb, I still think that we should start 442 as usual and change if we have to. At home, 442 is very different IMO.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                      X