Leicester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leicester

Their win yesterday must have given them some believe.

Some may have not noticed that Leicester have 8 games remaining: WBA (a), Swansea (h), Burnley (a), Chelsea (h), Newcastle (h), Southampton (h), Sunderland (a) and QPR (h). 5 of them home and the 3 away look winnable.

We need to keep getting as much points as possible and also believe we can get results against Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
    Their win yesterday must have given them some believe.

Some may have not noticed that Leicester have 8 games remaining: WBA (a), Swansea (h), Burnley (a), Chelsea (h), Newcastle (h), Southampton (h), Sunderland (a) and QPR (h). 5 of them home and the 3 away look winnable.

We need to keep getting as much points as possible and also believe we can get results against Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City.
    Just gonna point out that they beat Man Utd 5-2 and went winless for most of the season.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

not a bad run-in and a lot of people suggest they have not been getting the results their performances have deserved
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Sunderland and Newcastle aside I think that looks tough to me

Comment

I don't buy the winnable game thing. It's nonsense. Anything can happen at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
            I don't buy the winnable game thing. It's nonsense. Anything can happen at the end of the season.
            Exactly, don't think form and position come into it at this stage. They could do really well but they could just flop out like we did a couple of years back. The beautiful thing about our position relative to theirs, is that we are totally in control of our fate in that winning on tuesday will take us out of the relegation zone, that isn't the case for leicester.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
              That's why I think they can turn things around as worse case.
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Exactly, don't think form and position come into it at this stage. They could do really well but they could just flop out like we did a couple of years back. The beautiful thing about our position relative to theirs, is that we are totally in control of our fate in that winning on tuesday will take us out of the relegation zone, that isn't the case for leicester.
                I see what you mean, but they have one more game in hand. It's good that it is against Chelsea though.
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                  I see what you mean, but they have one more game in hand. It's good that it is against Chelsea though.
                  Exactly, but even still, winning that match doesn't move them ahead of us.

Comment

i think Hull have some serious problems ahead. Their fixtures are very very tough, but of course the main thing is that we keep picking up points from our own games and it's all that matters

Comment

I think Leicester have a decent shout of staying up! Here's my prediction 2 of the 3 teams in the relegation zone right now will get out of it - either us Leicester or burnley. If anyone who has seen hulls run in you will know they are now bang in trouble, Sunderland and villa to go too!

We have 4 games we can realistically accumulate points from plus 3 where we got nothing to lose. Sunder lands game today is huge imo. If they lose they really will de on a downwards spiral!

Comment

I think our thumping of Baggies yesterday will have them frothing at the mouth to put things right against Leicester next week. If we'd lost and put in our usual limp performance Baggies would have been virtually safe and very complacent next week. Now though, they will have to be up for it..... Their crowd and Pulis will accept nothing less.

Comment

Plus on 33 points wba ain't safe yet. Get into a losing habit and we all know how ruthless this league is!!

Comment

If results go our way between today and Tuesday, we could be 16th come Tuesday night. Then it's in our hands.

Never mind who's got what run in, it's a very tough league where anything can happen. That's why I think we can still survive, despite what the "we've already been relegated" mob think
                            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by ArticHoop View Post
                              i think Hull have some serious problems ahead. Their fixtures are very very tough, but of course the main thing is that we keep picking up points from our own games and it's all that matters
                              I agree, that is why their late winner v us was so frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                              X