Defensive coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive coach

We are nearly there, but I feel we´re still a bit short in that department?

Is it Kevin Bond who are their boss?
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

That is being very kind Shania!

We are woeful defending. Seriously bad.

But a win is a win and it didn't cost us today.

Really need to knuckle down and do the basics right.

We seem to lose our men when the ball is played wide> Seems to happen all the time.

Anyway, lets look at the positives and hope we tighten up.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWood Rangers View Post
      That is being very kind Shania!

We are woeful defending. Seriously bad.

But a win is a win and it didn't cost us today.

Really need to knuckle down and do the basics right.

We seem to lose our men when the ball is played wide> Seems to happen all the time.

Anyway, lets look at the positives and hope we tighten up.
      Spot on, and I agree With the rest
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Harry the dinosaur left us with only one proper full back, Yun, who's probably not good enough for the championship. So, unsurprisingly, we were poor on the flanks today. Especially on the right. But, given who we have, there's not much to be done about that, alas. Perhaps coach them not to drift in and to show the player outside.......?? Thought that was perhaps the best game Onouha's had for us this season. Him and Dunne could be the pairing for the run in if we get four points out of the next two games.

Comment

WTF was Isla doing backing off the fella or their goal?

more worried about handball than getting tight and blocking!

If the cross doesn't come in they do not score.

Anyways we won!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            Harry the dinosaur left us with only one proper full back, Yun, who's probably not good enough for the championship. So, unsurprisingly, we were poor on the flanks today. Especially on the right. But, given who we have, there's not much to be done about that, alas. Perhaps coach them not to drift in and to show the player outside.......?? Thought that was perhaps the best game Onouha's had for us this season. Him and Dunne could be the pairing for the run in if we get four points out of the next two games.
            That was what Ronny Johnsen in the Norwegian premiership studio said fullbacks in general should do.Hence, I should believe you are quite close to the truth;)
            Last edited by Shania; 04-04-2015, 09:38 PM.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWood Rangers View Post
              WTF was Isla doing backing off the fella or their goal?

more worried about handball than getting tight and blocking!

If the cross doesn't come in they do not score.

Anyways we won!
              Caulker could have done better (as always) when the cross did come in
              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                This. Caulker and Onouha were too busy for my liking, IMO I've seen enough of Yun, he is not up to the task.. Isla, is he fit? Not sure. Same issues all season, the full backs are not up to the task. Any sort of pace or trickery were in bother. Apart from the goal I thought Caulker had a good game and Onouha was solid. Villa will be a massive task.. Benteke, Agbonglahore and N'Zogbia have all got some pace.
                C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                  This. Caulker and Onouha were too busy for my liking, IMO I've seen enough of Yun, he is not up to the task.. Isla, is he fit? Not sure. Same issues all season, the full backs are not up to the task. Any sort of pace or trickery were in bother. Apart from the goal I thought Caulker had a good game and Onouha was solid. Villa will be a massive task.. Benteke, Agbonglahore and N'Zogbia have all got some pace.
                  Yun was brilliant when he was first introduced by Redknapp this season. Reckon he's playing too much, needs a rest sometimes or he needs some proper competition.
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                    Caulker in no-mans land for their goal. He loses concentration way too often which constantly gets punished in the Prem. Great, great win but that defence... So what should the back 4 vs. Villa look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                      Caulker in no-mans land for their goal. He loses concentration way too often which constantly gets punished in the Prem. Great, great win but that defence... So what should the back 4 vs. Villa look like?
                      Do we have much option? Think dunne is still injured, IMO would rather have Caulker than Rio or Clint.
                      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                        Has to be the same. We've no alternative to those two poor full backs. Clint can come on to shore things up.

Comment

If we stay up we need some serious money spent in defence - shame Robinson is out for so long... But we definitely need another cb - one with prem league experience at a decent age.

We win yesterday but west brom could of scored 2 more headers at least and prob should of. Defending the whipped in balls was awful. I'm sure villa will pick up on that and it's something we will have to be very careful of on Tuesday!

Comment

Should we try something new and play Yun in a more attacking role with Clint as a LB. This means that Yun Will have to track back and help Hill when needed ofcourse. Just a thought, as I think Yun needs a new challenge now. He is needed in the team, make no mistake about that. Just feel that he has been battered continually at LB now.
                            Last edited by Shania; 05-04-2015, 10:45 AM.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Working...
                            X