Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iz it coz i iz black?

Comment

Load of crap really. Like John Barnes blaming the world for being racist cos he cant get another job.

No John, you cant get another job because you're a ####ing awful manager.

Comment

Just remember that QPR are currently owned and managed by coloured gentlemen. TF, AB, LF, PF and CR. So surely this club is not racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
          Just remember that QPR are currently owned and managed by coloured gentlemen. TF, AB, LF, PF and CR. So surely this club is not racist.
          I think Ramsey is alluding to other clubs, not this one.
          All those nasty clubs who will reject his job application.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I think you will find 'coloured' is considered a racist term as Benedict Cumberbatch recently found out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30994775
            Last edited by acricketer; 02-04-2015, 09:56 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=bakes8;1402954]Load of crap really. Like John Barnes blaming the world for being racist cos he cant get another job.

No John, you cant get another job because you're a ####ing awful manager.[/QUOTE

Absolute load of rubbish and a easy excuse!

The only thing I won't judge Ramsey on is the fact this isn't his team. There is a argument to give him a chance in the championship and build his own team around youth!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                is it absolutely necessary for our staff to play the race card on what seems like every (in)opportune occasion nowadays?
                "As a black man I think it’s going to be difficult anyway."
                Always dangerous to cherry-pick quotes.

Do me a favour Kirill - he has not played the race card. Firstly, you've taken that quote out of context with the rest of the interview. Secondly, he never raised the issue - he was just responding to a question in light of Les Ferdinand's recent comments. To get a balanced of what he's said you need to watch his latest press conference on the official youtube channel, or at least read the full interview. Threads like this do no good because all they achieve is to whip up negativity and create a false impression, as some of the above posts now sadly reflect.

In previous interviews he's been asked directly if he'd experienced racism during his career, which he's replied that he had. And in yesterday's interview he even spoke out against tokenist appointments.

And dont get me wrong - I'm a meritocrat and am generally not in favour of positive discrimination policies, Rooney's Law etc.

Comment

What Ramsey has been talking about only (!!!) since he was appointed as Manager is the racism and his time at Tottenham! Nothing about our chances for survival, for tactics how to win games, etc. Only racism, racism, racism...

Unfortunately, we are the typical example how a football club MUST NOT be run and managed!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                    I think Ramsey is alluding to other clubs, not this one.
                    All those nasty clubs who will reject his job application.
                    Wow, what an administrator!!
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Erm, from my previous posts it is clear that I am not impressed by the quality of journalism in this one. The article seems poorly put together. But it looks like his quote and no one else's, and the context is that he is speaking about his own prospect and not Les Ferdinand or anyone else. And I don't think playing the race card is justified in his situation. I would defend him tooth and nail if I actually saw him being discriminated, but he is not. He has had a dream opportunity to make his mark in coaching and managing. Whether his failure now is more down to the team or to his own skills I do not know, but it is not down to the colour of his skin and his future employment chances will not be down to that, either. Of that I am sure. We could certainly do without such quotes, but if anyone should be perceived as stirring in this situation, it is the person making such a racial statement, and not those who publish it and discusss it. He has lost more respect in my eyes now than he did when we lost several matches under him.
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill;1403016[B
                        ]Erm, from my previous posts it is clear that I am not impressed by the quality of journalism in this one. The article seems poorly put together[/B]. But it looks like his quote and no one else's, and the context is that he is speaking about his own prospect and not Les Ferdinand or anyone else. And I don't think playing the race card is justified in his situation. I would defend him tooth and nail if I actually saw him being discriminated, but he is not. He has had a dream opportunity to make his mark in coaching and managing. Whether his failure now is more down to the team or to his own skills I do not know, but it is not down to the colour of his skin and his future employment chances will not be down to that, either. Of that I am sure. We could certainly do without such quotes, but if anyone should be perceived as stirring in this situation, it is the person making such a racial statement, and not those who publish it and discusss it. He has lost more respect in my eyes now than he did when we lost several matches under him.
                        Can we actually know what he has said and not said at all?
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Working...
                        X