Just say a miracle happens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
    Staying up and doing all this again seems like a nightmare scenario to me.
    Really? I don't want us back down because we belong at the top. I know we don't have a right to anything, but we as a fan base have gone through enough to get a good shot at the big time. We need stability, yo yoing between divisions should be the last thing on our mind. It would screw up finances so badly if you think about it, going from making a massive amount 1 year to a small amount the next, how would we or any club really cope with that.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Really? I don't want us back down because we belong at the top. I know we don't have a right to anything, but we as a fan base have gone through enough to get a good shot at the big time. We need stability, yo yoing between divisions should be the last thing on our mind. It would screw up finances so badly if you think about it, going from making a massive amount 1 year to a small amount the next, how would we or any club really cope with that.
      People can say we don't deserve to be in the Prem, but neither do the other clubs around us battling to stay up either.
      If we do survive I hope we bring in a new manager as quick as possible so he has time to work with what players he has, and look at what's actually needed to add to the squad as well.
      I think Rio,SWP,Barton, Zamora, Dunne and Hill will all be let go which would save a huge amount on wages.
      Would like us to look to the future, bring in youngsters and players from lower leagues that although a gamble, would probably give more on the field than most this season.

If we stay up, we have a chance in keeping key players like Austin and Fer, get rid of deadwood, and put together a half decent squad that wants to play for the club!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
        Staying up and doing all this again seems like a nightmare scenario to me.
        Can see where you're coming from to be honest. Another year exactly like this one; getting beat most weeks, paying £40+ for every away ticket, bemoaning our "luck" and all in hope of being able to finish a mighty 17th.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Know what you're saying nasser but let's face it, the Premier League is w@nk for us fans of teams that cannot compete. I can't stand the league. In our 3 recent years in the PL, I can count on my hands the amount of games I have thoroughly enjoyed. I would rather see us winning games against unfashionable northern sides like Rotherham than getting spanked by the glamorous big names like Man Utd etc. I get the whole finance argument and how we need to be at the top etc (especially with the new Sky money), but from my own personal point of view, I want to go to games on a Saturday and see a few wins, have some beers with pals & not be out of pocket £40+ every time I see an away game.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Know what you're saying nasser but let's face it, the Premier League is w@nk for us fans of teams that cannot compete. I can't stand the league. In our 3 recent years in the PL, I can count on my hands the amount of games I have thoroughly enjoyed. I would rather see us winning games against unfashionable northern sides like Rotherham than getting spanked by the glamorous big names like Man Utd etc. I get the whole finance argument and how we need to be at the top etc (especially with the new Sky money), but from my own personal point of view, I want to go to games on a Saturday and see a few wins, have some beers with pals & not be out of pocket £40+ every time I see an away game.
            But that is largely because each time we have come up we have gone about it totally the wrong way. If we had a plan and put a proper and decent squad together I don't think we would be whipping boys yes might lose to top 5 or6 but them aside we would be competitive with right manager and ethos behind the scenes

We have lacked a structure for too long long basically existing from transfer window to transfer window. Most recent window only time we have shown restraint

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              But that is largely because each time we have come up we have gone about it totally the wrong way. If we had a plan and put a proper and decent squad together I don't think we would be whipping boys yes might lose to top 5 or6 but them aside we would be competitive with right manager and ethos behind the scenes

We have lacked a structure for too long long basically existing from transfer window to transfer window. Most recent window only time we have shown restraint
              Maybe so west. Maybe if we had had a taste of the PL with a proper squad and club structure in place it might be an enjoyable league, but as it stands, I have not experienced that and so I don't enjoy this league at all.

Comment

Maybe so west. Maybe if we had had a taste of the PL with a proper squad and club structure in place it might be an enjoyable league, but as it stands, I have not experienced that and so I don't enjoy this league at all.
                Nail on head last three times we have convinced ourselves we have had decent squads and its quickly became apparent we were kidding ourselves

Comment

I get this, and this is why consolidation and dealing with all this for a while is the only way forward, if we end up consolidating in the championship, we will be in similar situations to this, never seeing any greats come through the club, watching us win a few but at what costs? I would rather deal with this cr ap for a couple of years while we gradually learn to consolidate and work from there in the prem.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                  X