Carlisle pleads guilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlisle pleads guilty

Former Premier League footballer Clarke Carlisle has pleaded guilty to drinking and driving.

The 35-year-old admitted failing to provide a sample to police on 20 December at London's Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court.

He also pleaded guilty to driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence on the same date.

Police saw a Mercedes being driven in an "erratic" manner, prosecutor Zahid Hussain said.

Carlisle recently revealed he was attempting to take his own life when he was hit by a lorry on the A64 near York on 22 December.

The ex-footballer, who played for teams including Burnley, Queens Park Rangers, Leeds United and Northampton Town, was also the chairman of the Professional Footballers' Association.

ITS

ITS TRAGIC,He was a very gifted player who could have played the whole of his career in the prem.I hope he gets it together and finds a job that is possibley outside football because he has got ten a levels so he has the brains to really make something of his life
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

The bloke needs to be locked up. He's a danger to himself and more importantly he's a danger to other people.

Comment

What an idiot Carlisle is drinking and driving again. The bloke is weak and flawed and will never change.

Comment

Not only has he been done for drink driving before but he then proceeded to endanger the life of the poor lorry driver he selfishly threw himself in front of, we all make mistakes but when you continue to make them then any sympathy I might have had goes out the window.

Comment

well

well my best mate is currently dying from alcoholism and its a terrible waste of life,the trouble is the drinker dosnt tell anyone what is really going on and there fore everyone dosnt realise why they leave the pub after just one pint,but in fact they are going home to a whole bttle of red wine follwed by half a bottle of gin its really tragic,and hes still only 35

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Jogo View Post
              The bloke needs to be locked up. He's a danger to himself and more importantly he's a danger to other people.
              Agree. Selfish p!ss head

Comment

i'm not here to judge him but any drunk driver deserves a harsh punishment

Comment

well

well its not a harsh punishment he needs but to be well and trully rehabilitated,he has the finance to help himself.but he needs to be able to understand that alcohole is a very dangerous drug

More...

Comment

He would of got 6 months [atleast] here for 2nd offense, and refusing to give a sample, i got 3 months for 1st offense 16 yr ago, refusing to give a sample even without kicking-off, will get you a 5 yr ban, i know one fella got a year for 3rd offense, and banned for life.

Courts here just dont put up with the sh1t yours do.

Comment

Working...
                    X