Going to be a long haul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to be a long haul

Whilst I appreciate this has been an awful season and putting CR in charge hasn't produced the results the first few performances indicated it might we have to accept the club is heading in a new direction and we are unlikely to know how that will pan out until quite a way into next season under a new manager.

The Director of Football role works well abroad and lets face it in Europe our clubs are generally outperformed when you consider the investment put into building sides. I mean a proper DOF role mind you and not someone like say 'Arry given the role where it is a meaningless symbol.

I agree the last few years have not been good. However easy to say with hindsight the reasons as to why we have gone wrong. TF appointed and backed two very experienced Premiership managers. Both were looked on as safe pairs of hands with good reputations. Unfortunately both didn't work. Would have been hard to predict that and I think most club boards would have backed them in the same way.

That is all done and in the past regardless of how we would like to turn back time. It is unlikely, although not impossible, we will stay up. There will be an exodus to one degree or another and the squad will have to be rebuilt. That in itself may not be such a bad thing although will probably take two plus years. Bring in players who see joining us as a step up as opposed to down. Start meaningfully bringing younger players through, improve our overall youth and training systems.

We all want to see improvements now. The hard truth is that our club is inadequate in so many ways on and off the pitch we are in all likelihood going to have to grit our teeth and go through some more pain before we get to a stage where we can be proud and enjoy things again.

'Er indoors wonders why I am in a bad mood most weekends at the moment. I just say she shouldn't have got together with an Rs fan!

Im having a bully we go straight back up. The team wont be too badly decimated cos nobody will want any of them, and that performance yesterday would wallop any championship side imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Im having a bully we go straight back up. The team wont be too badly decimated cos nobody will want any of them, and that performance yesterday would wallop any championship side imo.
      These players will not have the fight to play like that next year, they only do it for short spells when we're losing anyway. We need new younger blood from lower leagues who are hungry to prove a point and win.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
        These players will not have the fight to play like that next year, they only do it for short spells when we're losing anyway. We need new younger blood from lower leagues who are hungry to prove a point and win.
        Some of those will be gone i.e. Isla Vargas Zamora and Sandro. Barton might too as
        Out of contract and unfortunately Austin will be sold.
        some like Phillips Yun Caulker Henry Hoilett Onuoha even Fer and Taarabt could stay to form the basis of a decent team.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          Some of those will be gone i.e. Isla Vargas Zamora and Sandro. Barton might too as
          Out of contract and unfortunately Austin will be sold.
          some like Phillips Yun Caulker Henry Hoilett Onuoha even Fer and Taarabt could stay to form the basis of a decent team.
          Thats what im getting at. Nucleus of a good championship sode is there and a good manager should make it good enough with a couple of ins and outs. Cant see sandro going anywhere either if im totally honest, someone would have to be as stupid as us, and fulham are the only ones that thick and they cant afford him.

Comment

Working...
          X