we've got the players.... But

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we've got the players.... But

Previous games and especially yesterday when we play really well for the last part of games (when its too late) it proves to me that we've got the players within the side to play exiting, attacking football AND win games!!! But why must we always wait until we're on the back foot before bringing them on and changing our formation/style of play??

Ramseys saying we need 4 wins to secure our safety. So from now on in lets play these players (Vargas/Adel) from the off and give it a real proper go!!.... When you can play like we can (when given the opportunity Mr Ramsey!)with 9 games to go, 4 points is not a big gap. And Im sorry as much as these players have shown very little heart over the course of the season, it can still be done, just 1 man stopping us imho...........
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

agree nick the effort yesterday was not the problem its the final third that we just lose ideas

Phillips first and second half was putting some great balls into box and I cannot remember the last time Bobby had as many opportunities as he did but mid second half he is moved back to the left Why?????

The only way were going to get out of this is from creating chances and he is the only one that creates at current time so put our danger man in his best position and let him deliver the ball at every opportunity. Tempted to say to Austin don’t want to see you chasing back just stay on their last man and be ready to attack the box as as soon as it goes to Phillips he’s going to deliver it so get on the end of it.

Bobby showed yesterday the games up for him too many chances fluffed where he never even got a shot off so Vargas up top until end of season for me as he got one chances yesterday and smashed it the boys a goal scorer give him the chance up top to show and save us

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      Previous games and especially yesterday when we play really well for the last part of games (when its too late) it proves to me that we've got the players within the side to play exiting, attacking football AND win games!!! But why must we always wait until we're on the back foot before bringing them on and changing our formation/style of play??

Ramseys saying we need 4 wins to secure our safety. So from now on in lets play these players (Vargas/Adel) from the off and give it a real proper go!!.... When you can play like we can (when given the opportunity Mr Ramsey!)with 9 games to go, 4 points is not a big gap. And Im sorry as much as these players have shown very little heart over the course of the season, it can still be done, just 1 man stopping us imho...........

It may well look that we play well in the last 10-20 mins of games mate but in truth, the other team are nearly always winning and they just sit back and defend out the win.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Thing is, have we got the players? We all say (me included) that we do, but I am starting to think maybe we view our players ability with rose tinted glasses. How many of our players would start games for many other PL sides? I would say Green, Isla, Vargas. Fer & Charlie are the only players we have that more tha a couple of PL sides would be excited to have. OK, maybe not "excited", but they would play them regularly.

The more I look at it, the more I think maybe we just are not all that good at all.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I determine playing well in a different sort of way i think. If you constitute playing well as showing a lot of heart and desire then yes we played well..

But i think playing well is based on the quality you show as well as the heart and desire.
          And the overall picture is we show heart but ultimately lack the quality required to stay in this league, which would also suggest that we dont have the players.

Comment

We have a championship standard defence - barton and Henry in centre mid for all their effort and endeavour are not up to scratch - we have no lw - phillips is proving he is good enough for this league imo and Charlie has set the bar!

Defensive lapses have cost us all year in top of the fact our managers have failed to read the games and often make changes fat to late!! Ramsey done the right thing bringing Vargas and Taraabt on yesterday but again it was far to late!!

Our squad is poor and lack depth - the only reason we are hanging on by a thread is the fact there are 6 other teams that's are dry sub standard to!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Thing is, have we got the players? We all say (me included) that we do, but I am starting to think maybe we view our players ability with rose tinted glasses. How many of our players would start games for many other PL sides? I would say Green, Isla, Vargas. Fer & Charlie are the only players we have that more tha a couple of PL sides would be excited to have. OK, maybe not "excited", but they would play them regularly.

The more I look at it, the more I think maybe we just are not all that good at all.
              This is a point I was making the other day and in the OP. We do have Premiership quality with in the side- NOT champions league quality, NOT top half of the table quality, NOT even midd table quality, just enough quality to stay up this season. The 5 you mention plus Id say Sandro now he's slowly coming to fitness. Thats imo 5 Prem quality players within the starting 11 PLUS players like Philips and Adel who are showing they can step up 'when' the team is played correctly!
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                It may well look that we play well in the last 10-20 mins of games mate but in truth, the other team are nearly always winning and they just sit back and defend out the win.
                I honestly think we've got it in us to stay up Hits. If any of those Zamora chances fell to say either Austin/Vargas/Adel they would've been at the back of the net. We just cant keep playing these players Zamora/Houlett/SWP..... so predictable for such long periods of the game. Lets get at them from the off!!
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

We will only have chance of staying up If we beat WBA and Aston Villa.
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Did we play that well yesterday? I thought we lacked tempo and bite. We should have been going at 110% all game, giving everything we have and at times I didn't see that, our season completely hinged on yesterdays game and it just wasn't enough

Comment

Originally posted by delboyranger View Post
                      Did we play that well yesterday? I thought we lacked tempo and bite. We should have been going at 110% all game, giving everything we have and at times I didn't see that, our season completely hinged on yesterdays game and it just wasn't enough
                      Same as always, little spells of looking lively but without anything to show for it, oppo have their little spell & make it count. Little spells of positivity are worth fark all when you can't score & then concede ridiculously easily.

Comment

We haven't the players. Only Green and Austin could get in another premiership side. No one else. And even then Charlie would be on probation. None of our defenders could even hack it in the championship. Our midfield has absolutely no pace or vision. Barton works hard but hasn't a goal or an assist to his name. He hasn't scored since November 2013. Henry will never score. Ditto Kransjar. Neither has an assist this season. Nor has Holliet. We have one centre forward in a squad of twenty five...... Adel has yet to show he can 'step up'. Anyone who says that he has is dreaming and hasn't seen the three starts he's made. Three games we lost. It's not his fault- he should play every game- but he hasn't stepped up. The fact we're not mathematically down already is testimony to the very poor quality of the premiership dregs this season. This collection of players is worse that the dross which took us down last time. They couldn't hold a candle to those that kept us up last time we stayed up.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          Same as always, little spells of looking lively but without anything to show for it, oppo have their little spell & make it count. Little spells of positivity are worth fark all when you can't score & then concede ridiculously easily.
                          This sums us up to a tee. Basically bossed the first half, gave Everton v v little, yet one half break & it's 1-0. Ridiculous.

Same with second goal. Bobby should be ashamed of the chances he fluffed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            We haven't the players. Only Green and Austin could get in another premiership side. No one else. And even then Charlie would be on probation. None of our defenders could even hack it in the championship. Our midfield has absolutely no pace or vision. Barton works hard but hasn't a goal or an assist to his name. He hasn't scored since November 2013. Henry will never score. Ditto Kransjar. Neither has an assist this season. Nor has Holliet. We have one centre forward in a squad of twenty five...... Adel has yet to show he can 'step up'. Anyone who says that he has is dreaming and hasn't seen the three starts he's made. Three games we lost. It's not his fault- he should play every game- but he hasn't stepped up. The fact we're not mathematically down already is testimony to the very poor quality of the premiership dregs this season. This collection of players is worse that the dross which took us down last time. They couldn't hold a candle to those that kept us up last time we stayed up.
                            Hoilett and Taarabt both had excellent shots yesterday which both struck the bar. THAT is pure bad luck - no two ways about it. Would we be talking slightly differently today had those two gone in? (Ditto two stonewall penalties v Spurs).

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              Hoilett and Taarabt both had excellent shots yesterday which both struck the bar. THAT is pure bad luck - no two ways about it. Would we be talking slightly differently today had those two gone in?
                              Tbf (and I am one of his biggest fans), that Tarbs effort hsould never have hit the bar - he should have slotted that home. The fact it hit the bar just shows his shot was poo IMO.

Hoilett's was unlucky, but then on the flip side Bobby screwed up 3 chances in the first half so we only have ourselves to blame.

Comment

Working...
                              X