X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a dog with no mouth at a frisbee catching competition

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
      I don't even blame Ramsey for this mess tbh. He is a youth coach, being asked to manage a PL club in massive trouble. Of course he's going to be an abject failure, what else did anyone expect? The problem (once again) is Fernandes. Giving Redknapp too much time, tweeting about a "dream" manager, and then making a panic appointment when the "dream" doesn't materialise. Losing 11 on the bounce away from home under Redknapp has cost us our PL status, not Ramsey. If we had won even 2 or 3 of them we would've been fine this season.
      i make you right surrey!

Comment

I don't even blame Ramsey for this mess tbh. He is a youth coach, being asked to manage a PL club in massive trouble. Of course he's going to be an abject failure, what else did anyone expect? The problem (once again) is Fernandes. Giving Redknapp too much time, tweeting about a "dream" manager, and then making a panic appointment when the "dream" doesn't materialise. Losing 11 on the bounce away from home under Redknapp has cost us our PL status, not Ramsey. If we had won even 2 or 3 of them we would've been fine this season.
        Yeah he had a mountain to climb but we wasn't down when he took over Villa WBA and C/P all appointed new managers at the same time as TF gave him the job , Warnock took Palace from our possition to promotion in half season and others have taken clubs from relegation places to play offs after being appointed in january HR might have started it but TF LFand Ramsey had time to thing around, Ramsey has been made the scapegoat by the other two

Comment

Yeah he had a mountain to climb but we wasn't down when he took over Villa WBA and C/P all appointed new managers at the same time as TF gave him the job , Warnock took Palace from our possition to promotion in half season and others have taken clubs from relegation places to play offs after being appointed in january HR might have started it but TF LFand Ramsey had time to turn things around, Ramsey has been made the scapegoat by the other two
          Last edited by dogsrrs; 25-03-2015, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            Yeah he had a mountain to climb but we wasn't down when he took over Villa WBA and C/P all appointed new managers at the same time as TF gave him the job , Warnock took Palace from our possition to promotion in half season and others have taken clubs from relegation places to play offs after being appointed in january HR might have started it but TF LFand Ramsey had time to turn things around, Ramsey has been made the scapegoat by the other two
            That all goes back to my original point though; the other clubs you mentioned hired experienced PL managers, with proven track records, and therefore gave themselves a real chance of rectifying their situation - we hired a youth coach, with no experience in management whatsoever. How exactly then can the position we find ourselves in be Ramsey's fault? If you're coaching kids, and you then get the chance to undertake a vital role in charge of a club playing in the biggest league on the planet, of course you are going to accept it. Anyone would. That isn't his fault - it's Fernandes' for giving him the opportunity in the first place. I will agree that Ramsey has been made the scapegoat - but only by fans who fail to appreciate the inner working's of the club as present. Anyone with any sense should place the blame for this season at TF's door.
            Last edited by surrey_hoop; 25-03-2015, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Losing 6 out of 7 games he must shoulder some responsibility. He had 15 games left when he took over and we needed to win 5 to get us to 34 points, it was still very achievable imo. Abject performances at CP, Hull, couldnt beat a shite Everton at home.

Putting Furlong up against Sanchez, bringing back SWP, persisting with the statue of Zamora when Vargas/Zarate were available. You revitalize Matt Phillips on the right then move him out to the left?

Youth team coach or not some of the errors seem pretty obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                Hes out of his depth but i dont blame him, Redknapp jumped ship as soon as the going got tough and TF appointed the wrong guy.
                With you on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
                  Losing 6 out of 7 games he must shoulder some responsibility. He had 15 games left when he took over and we needed to win 5 to get us to 34 points, it was still very achievable imo. Abject performances at CP, Hull, couldnt beat a shite Everton at home.

Putting Furlong up against Sanchez, bringing back SWP, persisting with the statue of Zamora when Vargas/Zarate were available. You revitalize Matt Phillips on the right then move him out to the left?

What was Redknapp's excuse then? He arguably made just as many (if not more) errors as Ramsey has. Both have made decisions that they must've thought were right at the time, yet left the majority of fans absolutely baffled. The difference is, Redknapp had decades of managerial experience to draw on when making his decisions - Ramsey has none whatsoever.

Comment

That all goes back to my original point though; the other clubs you mentioned hired experienced PL managers, with proven track records, and therefore gave themselves a real chance of rectifying their situation - we hired a youth coach, with no experience in management whatsoever. How exactly then can the position we find ourselves in be Ramsey's fault? If you're coaching kids, and you then get the chance to undertake a vital role in charge of a club playing in the biggest league on the planet, of course you are going to accept it. Anyone would. That isn't his fault - it's Fernandes' for giving him the opportunity in the first place. I will agree that Ramsey has been made the scapegoat - but only by fans who fail to appreciate the inner working's of the club as present. Anyone with any sense should place the blame for this season at TF's door.
                    OK then he's Fernandes and Ferdinands sacrificial lamb

Comment

What about Ramsey losing 6 from 7 matches in charge? If he'd won 2 or 3 more we'd be ok as well so that point is irrelevant.

The harsh reality is that we weren't good enough coming into the league anyway and that is highlighted by where the other promoted clubs are. Relegation or 17th at a push is/was about as much as we could expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                        This
                        partly this about Redkrapp's failures...

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                        The man is way out of his depth, he is a youth coach and nowhere near good enough to be at this level, F**K Me anyone who sees SWP and Junior Toillet in front of Vargas must be insane, maybe they're brilliant in training? Vargas this is a player who stars for one of the 10 best teams in world football and cant get in, before the like of the afore mentioned is enough to tell me he aint up to the job
                        ....but also this.
                        ramsey didnt create the mess, but his team selections and substitutions sure dont help to clear it up.
                        He is out of his depth.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                          Not sure it's his fault. Since Warnock, we've had 2 established premiership managers, one of whom was a whisker away from the England job. Our backroom staff included 2 England managers,Hoddle was probably best England manager of last 20 years and our one constant was we were rubbish and none of them got our players playing or any structure/tactics in place.
                          We always thought we were a moment or piece of good luck away from success, a player switching position or bringing someone off the bench might change things but we are rubbish and everything was tried and failed. Our high point was a few games in the championship when SM was coach and that basically sums up last four years.
                          Ramsey is just the poor geezer left holding the baby.
                          The board might not be as naive as we thought, they probably knew we were going down come Jan transfer.
                          Can't blame Ramsey for this shambles, loads of others but not him.
                          Summed up perfectly.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

"He's doing us a favour" was one of the quotes i picked up on from Les Ferdinand in his latest interview regarding Ramsay.....really? Poor old Ramsay is just a cheap stop gap recommended by Les "Yes man" Ferdinand in the hunt for fans favour after the Sunderland game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              What about Ramsey losing 6 from 7 matches in charge? If he'd won 2 or 3 more we'd be ok as well so that point is irrelevant.
                              The harsh reality is that we weren't good enough coming into the league anyway and that is highlighted by where the other promoted clubs are. Relegation or 17th at a push is/was about as much as we could expect.
                              Well no, it isn't irrelvant. If we had won 3 out of 11 away games under Redknapp (a modest return which should've been do-able, even for a club expecting to finish in the relegation places), we'd have been comfortably mid-table around Christmas....and he'd still be in charge now.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post

I couldn't agree more apart from blaming him for the Hull defeat maybe (if Barton didn't get sent off QPR could have done better up there).

He can't go on using excuses that the players are not good enough and that is all he has got. He needs to make better starting 11 selections and use his subs properly i.e. bringing on Taarabt for Zamora a lot earlier than the 82nd minute could have made a huge difference against Everton (or better still not even starting with the latter).

Mathematically, it's not too late, but unfortunately I don't believe that Ramsey will get things right. This is why I was hoping for a new caretaker managerial appointment this week.

There has to be someone who will recognise that Zamora, Traore & Hoilett should not start games, that Vargas and perhaps Taarabt should. Phillips needs to play on the right wing and SWP left at home playing with his gadgets until his contract expires at the end of June.

Comment

Working...
                                X