Comparing us to those around us.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing us to those around us.

I mentioned in another thread how relative to other teams, we weren't that bad and given how we all know our team isn't 'prem standard' (It certainly isn't), is it the standard of this Season in particular. Here are the starting line ups of the teams around us that have been used most commonly this season:

Leicester:

Burnley:

Sunderland:

Aston Villa:

Hull City:

QPR:

Obviously there are limitations such as the fact that most january signings aren't taken into account such as Defoe for sunderland so do take note of that but see what you think of their line ups compared to ours.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

What does this show? Waffle.com

Comment

I think that we are in the bottom 3 of worse squads in the premiership with Burnley and Leicester. Green, Austin and Sandro when/if fit are our best players and the Chileans of course who cant seem to get a game. Rest of them are playing above their standard.
      Last edited by vblockranger; 21-03-2015, 03:45 PM.

Comment

I think what it shows is that the phrase 'Prem Standard' that we all use is more of a relative term. This season for example, just comparing the starting 11 to those of the teams listed here, it is clear to see that ours is generally of a higher standard than those around us. It is about making sure everyone plays to those standards. Just looking at it, it becomes obvious that we have the best keeper of the lot (Alongside Pantilimon). Villa have the best defense but we aren't actually too far behind when our preferred back four is used. Our midfield lacks without Sandro and Fer in it, although on recent form, matty phillips would be there and would improve the quality and probably man for man, us and Hull have the best midfield. Strikers wise, Austin is clearly the best of the bunch.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

If we had no injuries, a decent CB, plus a manager who played our strongest side and set us up according to the opponents we could be comfortably mid table imo. As it stands we're a very poor side and I don't see where our wins will come from, we end up riding our luck in every match we play.

The Premiership is #### this year, there are teams in the Championship who'd survive this year.

Comment

Burnley have a worse squad than us. Though it doesn't mean anything. Look at their passion and their play of football. Watching the game vs Southampton now and they are holding their own against a top6 side. To be honest if there was going to be one team who deserve to stay up its Burnley

Comment

The lack of opposite movements up front is "kiling" us. We are far too stationary. It´s also a problem that we´re not able to switch from attack to defence when we are taken on the break. I hope this will change now when Sandro slowly is regaining fitness and Barton is back and well up for it.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                If we had no injuries, a decent CB, plus a manager who played our strongest side and set us up according to the opponents we could be comfortably mid table imo. As it stands we're a very poor side and I don't see where our wins will come from, we end up riding our luck in every match we play.

The Premiership is #### this year, there are teams in the Championship who'd survive this year.
                This is very true, Especially the last point which is what I am trying to bring up with this, the quality is poor and we Have to take advantage of that fact because it only gets more difficult next season.

Comment

I just watched Leicester break with pace and send in a perfect cross with a clinical finish at Spurs, we haven't scored a goal like that all season! Just sayin'!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    This is very true, Especially the last point which is what I am trying to bring up with this, the quality is poor and we Have to take advantage of that fact because it only gets more difficult next season.

We haven't taken advantage all season so i doubt we will start now.

Comment

Sorry but Fer and Dunne higher rating that Austin . Thats laughable

Comment

You can come up with all the stats you like, at the end of the day the league doesn't lie, if we finish in the bottom 3, which is more than likely, we deserve to be there, no matter if the squad is 'prem standard' or not.
                        C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

I think we were a 50% unlucky losing 5 points: Swansea 1-1, Liverpool 2-3, Hull 1-2 and Southampton 0-1. Having said so, the other 50% was down to our lack of quality/composure/experience specially against Liverpool when we lacked pace to stop their counter attack in their 3rd goal as well as losing focus against 10 men Swansea.
                          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Our team is prem standard imo, just a case of tactics and mentality and all that.
                            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                              You can come up with all the stats you like, at the end of the day the league doesn't lie, if we finish in the bottom 3, which is more than likely, we deserve to be there, no matter if the squad is 'prem standard' or not.
                              You'd think most normal minded people would think that way wouldn't you?

Not on here no. Watch out statto's about ohhhhhh you better watch outttt statto's about.

Comment

Working...
                              X