No announcement yet.

No Austin in England Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Welbeck's scored a decent(ish) 13 goals out of 32 appearance's for England.

All the teams he's scored against-
    Belgium
    Sweden
    San Marino
    Scotland
    Moldova
    Switzerland
    Slovenia

Hardly world beating teams, but play him against decent teams in the Prem and his record is-

20 goals out of 90 appearance's for a very talented UTD and so fare a pi$$ poor 4 goals out of 21 appearance's for Arsenal.....

Erm Yes I think i'd take a 'gamble' and play Austin over Welbeck!
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Forster has just gone off injured, will Greeno get a call-up?

Comment

• It's not all about goals, Welbeck's play & intelligence is better than Charlie's. He also doesn't take penalties. You don't have to measure everything in goals anyway.

Welbeck can be wasteful but he's been his side's best player against good sides in European & International matches, that's a completely different level to what Charlie's done.

Comment

• Agree thats a 'different' level to what Austin's used to (international), but look at the country's Welbeclks scored against at that level- they all quite frankly $hit!!.... Like Ive said before in this thread you cant really compare Welbecks 6 years at Prem level to Austin's nearly 1 season, but Welbecks record certainly isnt amazing.

But my original point being, at this moment in time, Yes imho Austin should have been picked for the Lithuania/Italy games. And if Welbeck was the 1 making way I would definitely not be losing sleep!
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
          X