troy deeney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• troy deeney

an interesting debate would be that if he had signed for us would the combined power of him and charlie austin have saved our premeirship status
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

I doubt it would off made a big difference, only because our defence is dog shite
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Only if Gerry Francis was manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
        Only if Gerry Francis was manager.
        Can we bring the mullet back
        You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
          an interesting debate would be that if he had signed for us would the combined power of him and charlie austin have saved our premeirship status
          When you can't defend in the PL, you get relegated. It's as simple as that. We had £11m burning a hole in our pocket after the Remy sale, and we did nothing with it. If we had brought in a quality CB under the age of 30 to show Caulker the ropes, it might've been a different story. I highly doubt that Troy Deeney would've kept us in the PL - we make hardly any chances for Austin as it is.

Comment

oh

oh if only gerry could return he would be great working alongside chris ramsey he would buy all the right players,he did buy one bad player in sammy kogo but most of his players were superbe and cheap from the lower divisions
            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
              When you can't defend in the PL, you get relegated. It's as simple as that. We had £11m burning a hole in our pocket after the Remy sale, and we did nothing with it. If we had brought in a quality CB under the age of 30 to show Caulker the ropes, it might've been a different story. I highly doubt that Troy Deeney would've kept us in the PL - we make hardly any chances for Austin as it is.
              And therein lies the defensive problem. Why the f*ck does an £8m Premier League CB need to be shown the ropes?

I think Deeney would have helped. Regardless of the defence, you are certainly relegation fodder if you only have one striker who can score !

Comment

Why the f*ck does an £8m Premier League CB need to be shown the ropes?

Regardless of the defence, you are certainly relegation fodder if you only have one striker who can score ![/QUOTE]

Well said

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  And therein lies the defensive problem. Why the f*ck does an £8m Premier League CB need to be shown the ropes?

I think Deeney would have helped. Regardless of the defence, you are certainly relegation fodder if you only have one striker who can score !
                  I don't disagree with your comments regarding Caulker. For £8m, he shouldn't need to be shown the ropes. But the reality is that he does. If you sign him, then you also have to sign a quality player in his prime to help him out. Its an all or nothing deal. Caulker alongside Winston Reid or Younes Kaboul (purely as examples) would be half decent. Alongside Dunne, Hill or Ferdinand? Not so much.
                  Last edited by surrey_hoop; 19-03-2015, 10:52 PM.

Comment

For £10m, I would expect him to help. Personally, I think half that money on Gestede would've been a much better long term investment.

Comment

For £10m, I would expect him to help. Personally, I think half that money on Gestede would've been a much better long term investment.
                      Cant argue with that - Gestede is a young Bobby Zamora !

I would have just bitten the bullet though and spent £8-10m on Rhodes....which we will need to do when Austin disappears!

Comment

I would have just bitten the bullet though and spent £8-10m on Rhodes....which we will need to do when Austin disappears!
                        Make you rite there!!!.... just like Austin, scored at every level he's played at (and a very decent amount at that!)... Rhodes/Austin partnership would've been great to see.
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I'm not sure whether that's a compliment or an insult to Gestede.

Comment

I'm not sure whether that's a compliment or an insult to Gestede.
                            He was good back in the day I believe.....

Only really stating that's Gestedes style

Comment

And midfielders who can't. .

Comment

Working...
                              X