Fernandes ought to resign the Chairmanship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernandes ought to resign the Chairmanship

If the club is to move forward Fernandes should resign as Chairman and appoint somebody more ruthless in his place. Other than promotion last season, which was incredibly lucky and undeserved, he has been a complete and utter disaster. I am sure he is well intentioned and he seems a thoroughly decent chap, but he has shown himself to be inept. I could point to the egregious transfer dealings he has sanctioned, the failure to sack Hughes and Redknapp at the right times, the lack of strategic direction…the examples of stunning incompetence are countless.

His actions over the last couple of months have simply confirmed his ineptitude. Publicly talking about a ‘dream manager’ and then appointing Ramsey was embarrassing, as is his sudden misdirected enthusiasm for ‘youth’. You don’t transform a club into a quality youth production machine by getting your coach to suddenly throw 19 year-olds into the mix in the Premiership. You need to spend time devising a proper coaching structure and then implement it properly.

The next managerial appointment is going to be absolutely crucial. Do I trust Fernandes to get it right? Absolutely not. It wouldn't surprise me if he conducted interviews for the position via the Twitter private messaging facility.

On the surface seems very ungrateful but when reality kicks in this post is bang on the money .
    Should he resign yes or learn fast that he is to blame for the clubs wasted oppertunity and money because of his insatable desire to lsten to any hanger on
    Last edited by dogsrrs; 18-03-2015, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Being ruthless isn't always the answer ! Most fans saw Hughes as a safe almost dour appointment and Harry was being touted as England Manager so he has appointed 2 managers who could walk into 30 of the Premiership teams and do a good job. TF is a work in progress and I would much rather him at the helm than some if our other owners in the Prem/championship.

Comment

Ok, you want shot of Tony, but you don't tell us who you want to replace him and who we could realistically get. If you say Amit, then isn't he already part of the decision-making process?

As for Tony getting Ramsey to throw in 19 year olds, do you really believe it happened like that? You really think it was the chairman's decision and not the coach's?

Was it wrong for managers to play the likes of Giggs, Rooney, or Shaw, players who were all under 19 when they made their debuts? If I could be bothered, I'd provide you with a long list of players who made their debuts when they were under 19? How many fans were screaming for Redknapp to play youth?

I agree he should've got rid of Hughes and Redknapp much sooner, personally, I wouldn't have employed either, but to suggest he interviews people over twitter is ridiculous.

As for saying there is a lack of strategic direction, I suggest investment in the playing squad, Warren Farm (part of an overall coaching strategy), and New Queens Park, as being part of a long term plan. Unfortunately, the board has been let down by the likes of Hughes Redknapp, Rigg, and Beard, people who joined the club with good credentials, not to mention players who didn't do their jobs.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
          Ok, you want shot of Tony, but you don't tell us who you want to replace him and who we could realistically get. If you say Amit, then isn't he already part of the decision-making process?

As for Tony getting Ramsey to throw in 19 year olds, do you really believe it happened like that? You really think it was the chairman's decision and not the coach's?

Was it wrong for managers to play the likes of Giggs, Rooney, or Shaw, players who were all under 19 when they made their debuts? If I could be bothered, I'd provide you with a long list of players who made their debuts when they were under 19? How many fans were screaming for Redknapp to play youth?

I agree he should've got rid of Hughes and Redknapp much sooner, personally, I wouldn't have employed either, but to suggest he interviews people over twitter is ridiculous.

As for saying there is a lack of strategic direction, I suggest investment in the playing squad, Warren Farm (part of an overall coaching strategy), and New Queens Park, as being part of a long term plan. Unfortunately, the board has been let down by the likes of Hughes Redknapp, Rigg, and Beard, people who joined the club with good credentials, not to mention players who didn't do their jobs.
          In answer to your post no and yes , do you agree he is to ready take differing plans from different people that has caused the club to lose
          direction and instill a lack of confidense .
          Yes I agree with the 2nd part of your post ie future plans WF and OOC but does his indicision put these plans in jepody ?
          However a nice man he is , and full of good intent imo he needs to wise up fast and be his own man

Comment

Fernandes should resign but he won't and that sums up the man.

Comment

Maybe the OP needs to draft up a "proposal" of his ideas for how to run the club and promptly send to Tony and the board.

I'd love to read it myself, please message me a copy Godfather.

Comment

Oh good another TF should leave thread. We ain't had one of them for a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                  Maybe the OP needs to draft up a "proposal" of his ideas for how to run the club and promptly send to Tony and the board.
                  Maybe Tony and the board just take a leaf out of Flavio's book? Learn to cut expenses like he did, paying attention to the minutest of details, like costs of flower bouquets, because that is the only way a business in deep trouble can survive bankruptcy, instead of borrowing and spending more and more and more. The good life with throwing money around is over, it should have never started at all at poor little QPR.
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

We need a hands on Chairman.

TF isn't.

He said he would step down from being chairman if he wasn't up to the job. He hasn't. I'm adding that to his list of lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post

I'd love to read it myself, please message me a copy Godfather.
                      The OP has a right to voice an opinion based on his observations, it doesn't mean he also has to have the solution!

I like TF but the OP has a point, TF did once say, if it goes wrong he would resign, I personally don't think that's the solution.

I am more inclined to go with a suggestion made by another poster the other day, LF and CR are quite new to this level of football, Kevin Bond is part of the old regime and therefore should be moved on I believe.

Someone with an affinity to the club and a vast amount of experience should come in to give CR a hand until the end of the season, I propose Ian Holloway, I think with his experience and bounce he could get us the four odd wins required.

As for the chairmanship, if we where to swap, maybe David Dean, formally of Arsenal? He knew his onions?
                      Last edited by californiahoop; 18-03-2015, 09:40 AM.
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

Good post Godfather.

Lovely guy, shite chairman.

Richard always comes with the question to EVERY post, who do you want? It's nothing to do with who we want. We are not the decision makers & we are not privy to who's available & competent to do the job, so silly question. I think we all want someone who's going to make the best decisions for QPR, not put us £200m in debt preferably.

Comment

How many times since he bought the club has he said that if the club was failing, he would take responsibility and resign as Chairman? A f*cking lot is the answer. Yet he's still there. The bloke is on an ego trip, it really is as pure and simple as that. He loves the attention.

Comment

Agreed. I would love TF to stay as an investor but he should resign chairmanship now... His willingness to keep Redknapp for so long did it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                              Agreed. I would love TF to stay as an investor but he should resign chairmanship now... His willingness to keep Redknapp for so long did it for me.
                              Same with Hughes. Incompetent & costly decisions.

Tries to be Mr Loyal & ends up getting farked over, a la Redknapp walking out on him after declaring his loyalty & trust in him to the world. Looks very silly now. Need someone to make them decisions promptly & correctly.

Comment

Working...
                              X