Next season if we are relegated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next season if we are relegated

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I've not been around. If we go down our squad will be decimated. If we have a transfer embargo we will mainly be lucky to not be relegated again.

Those I think will almost definitely go: Hill, Dunne, Ferdinand, Zamora, Austin, SWP, Fer, Caulker, Barton, Hoilett, Murphy, Diakite, all loan players

Those we will struggle to keep: Chief, Phillips, Sandro (could see us struggling to shift him with injury record), Adel

Those we will hopefully keep: Green, McCarthy, Yun, Robinson, Henry (if we give him new contract), Faurlin (if we give him another year), Traore, youngsters

Pretty grim reading although with no embargo TF has said we have a list of players drawn up. If we can make some decent signings I can see a year or two of consolidation but gradually coming back stronger. Never easy be an Rs fan!

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Apologies if this has already been discussed but I've not been around. If we go down our squad will be decimated. If we have a transfer embargo we will mainly be lucky to not be relegated again.

Those I think will almost definitely go: Hill, Dunne, Ferdinand, Zamora, Austin, SWP, Fer, Caulker, Barton, Hoilett, Murphy, Diakite, all loan players

Those we will struggle to keep: Chief, Phillips, Sandro (could see us struggling to shift him with injury record), Adel

Those we will hopefully keep: Green, McCarthy, Yun, Robinson, Henry (if we give him new contract), Faurlin (if we give him another year), Traore, youngsters

Pretty grim reading although with no embargo TF has said we have a list of players drawn up. If we can make some decent signings I can see a year or two of consolidation but gradually coming back stronger. Never easy be an Rs fan!
    Honestly lost on this, but where has it been said that we will have an embargo placed on us?
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I don't think we will be hit with an embargo and will "just" be a fine

Next season if we don't go up and also fail FFP then we will be hit with an embargo
      We Are The People.....

Comment

There will be a exodus of players but not every decent player will go that would just be suicidal! We will keep certain players!!
        Austin will be sold and probably Fer!

I imagine we will keep players like phillips and ned and possibly Caulker!!

Comment

The number one change that needs to be made is a cap on player wages and signing on fee's.

If they can introduce a wage cap it will stop clubs overcharging ticket fee's, less chance of clubs going bust, and more teams will be able to compete with one another regardless of size.

They way we're heading is clubs with a larger fan base will be at the top, clubs with small fan base will be in lower divisions.

Is this correct or have I got it wrong?

I think we need 2 to 3 seasons to build before we're ready to go back up.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
            There will be a exodus of players but not every decent player will go that would just be suicidal! We will keep certain players!!
            Austin will be sold and probably Fer!

I imagine we will keep players like phillips and ned and possibly Caulker!!
            No other prem club would want Caulker tbf and is ned taking steroids? bloke looks like WWF wrestler instead of a footballer.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
              No other prem club would want Caulker tbf and is ned taking steroids? bloke looks like WWF wrestler instead of a footballer.
              This. And Phillips, too. Something not right with them. No footballer has that physique. Nice one, Carl Serrant. That fella wouldn't be employed in my Virgin Active

Comment

That goal alone will get Phillips signed by a bottom 6 prem side next season.

Comment

Caulker will do alright, one of the promoted clubs will take him. Play for a promoted club, get relegated, sign for another one the next year. Nice regular signing on bonus for him.

Phillips, due to his recent performances will get snapped up.

Ned will stay, no one fancied him last time we went down.

If McCarthy stays, he needs to be our #1 next season

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    This. And Phillips, too. Something not right with them. No footballer has that physique. Nice one, Carl Serrant. That fella wouldn't be employed in my Virgin Active

Thought the ref was gonna be on the end of Ned's signature move

Comment

I'd be glad to see the back of half of those players.

I think that we'll only really definitely lose Austin, Vargas, Isla and Fer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                        That goal alone will get Phillips signed by a bottom 6 prem side next season.
                        If it weren't for poxy transfer window I'd sell him right now; his value will never be this high EVER again.......

Reminds me of when Denis Bailey got his hat-trick at Old Trafford. A wise old chap remarked we could get £300K if we flogged him right then but we'd never ever get a fee for him if we waited more than a month.... pretty sure that chap was spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          I'd be glad to see the back of half of those players.

I think that we'll only really definitely lose Austin, Vargas, Isla and Fer.
                          Seeing the back of half of them I don't mind. It's the possible worst case scenario that concerns me. Could end up with a front two of Traore and Yun!

I'm hoping that the club will stand firm and unless players have a release clause (probably likes of Fer and Caulker) we keep the ones we want even if they aren't keen. If we do that and sign well could be strong next season. Might even do us some good to sort out our awful defence and get a couple of strikers bedded in. Would allow us to come back stronger.

Comment

We should be looking to keep a good nucleus of the team from this year as what we do have is 7 or 8 very good champ standard players!

If we can move on the likes of aistin (unfortunately) fer, Sandro, swp, Ferdinand, Vargas, Isla , Adel and hoilett we are massively slashing our wage bill - I would chuck green in there too!!

That's a massive expodus with players which make sense to move on!! But we could still build a very good team around the likes of caulker ned, yun, McCarthy, Robinson, phillips, furlong, Henry - offer a new 1 year deal plus the other youth players like pettrasso!

I don't see why we would need to sell or release everyone - players like phillips ned and caulker we could certainly hold onto for a year imo!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                              I'm hoping that the club will stand firm and unless players have a release clause (probably likes of Fer and Caulker) we keep the ones we want even if they aren't keen.
                              Disagree Fox mate. We really do not want to go down the road of keeping players that do not want to be here or are not keen. We have made that mistake countless times over the last 4 years. If they want to go then let them go and bring in players that want to play for QPR and are hungry for success. What a novelty that will be!

Comment

Working...
                              X