Tony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony

Tony Fernandes is a good man and could potentially be a great chairman, but there have been far too many strange decisions made this season:

To not make a striker the no. 1 signing priority after last season was poor business.

To sign Rio after all the last pay day men we've had in past seasons was poor business (regardless of his good attitude/ work rate).

To claim to listen to the fans abt the new manager and then to appoint Ramsey, a youth coach and (with great respect) Les a strikers coach as director of football.

To have spent all this money in the last few seasons and then not pay that little extra for Pulis to at least scrape into 17th and recoup it on next years tv revenues etc.
    To not have brought David Bardsley back as a coach for this #### poor defense

In all seriousness, it's as if the board doesn't really mind going back down because the preparation and planning for this season has been non existent. We would never have set the league alight, but with one or two well thought out signings and some better organisation we would not at least be in a deep relegation battle.

You would think the board want us to go down.the writing was on the wall mate when we never got any new addition in. We needed atleast 3 new players. and the business with zarate ain't worth a dog shite
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Sorry but in my view blame squarely with the managers. Tony recruited two very experienced and respected managers and backed them to the hilt. There have been various comments about Tony not being a football man etc. Therefore logically the best thing a non-football man could do is appoint managers with the kind of profiles Hughes and 'Arry had and to back them.

Not saying there haven't been mistakes. Of course there have. However both those managers have fallen well short of what could reasonably have been expected.

Disappointing but that's life sometimes (especially as an Rs supporter!). Still think long term club in good hands.

Comment

I get your point our last 2 managers was poor. But tony knew our only chance off staying up was to bring in some quality he chose not to and stick with the squad we got which clearly ain't hood enough, then to rub salt in he wants to play youth players who are out off thete depth
        You Rsssssss

Comment

He cut the purse strings. I agree with the sentiment of many that it was the right thing to do in the circumstances. My main disappointment is he didn't get rid of 'Arry earlier.

Comment

Not getting rid of Harry earlier was his worst mistake in a catalogue of mistakes. It's like he's been playing catch-up ever since he got involved and it could well take another relegation before he finally works out a long-term formula for success. I agree with all of the above points.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              He cut the purse strings. I agree with the sentiment of many that it was the right thing to do in the circumstances. My main disappointment is he didn't get rid of 'Arry earlier.
              Well apparently Harry would still be manager if he hadn't 'resigned'...as would Phil Beard

Comment

Just amazes me that even with the signings we have made we look like we would be mid-table Championship at best and that is purely down to management, coaches and playing staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Just amazes me that even with the signings we have made we look like we would be mid-table Championship at best and that is purely down to management, coaches and playing staff.
                  And the owner.

Comment

Sorry but in my view blame squarely with the managers. Tony recruited two very experienced and respected managers and backed them to the hilt. There have been various comments about Tony not being a football man etc. Therefore logically the best thing a non-football man could do is appoint managers with the kind of profiles Hughes and 'Arry had and to back them.

Not saying there haven't been mistakes. Of course there have. However both those managers have fallen well short of what could reasonably have been expected.

Disappointing but that's life sometimes (especially as an Rs supporter!). Still think long term club in good hands.
                    Exactly right Foxy, unfortunately, some fans blame the chairman for team selections, tactics and subs.
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I think Tony should stop backing the managers, he should buy the players he wants or even better ask fans in a poll.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                        And the owner.
                        Because he is directly responsible for the tactics, team selection, substitutions and everything else on the pitch right?

Comment

I agree the managers are to blame, but Fernandes should in all honesty have sacked Redknapp a long time ago and replaced him with Pulis.
                          Fernandes then made everything worse by not backing him in the transfer window, then overlooking Hoddle to appoint Ramsey in charge of the next game and finally in not appointing Sherwood, but instead naming Ramsey as manager until May.
                          Fernandes has QPR's best interest in his heart, but seems to be rather bad at running a football club.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            I think Tony should stop backing the managers, he should buy the players he wants or even better ask fans in a poll.
                            Don't go giving him ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              I agree, they should be doing a lot better and the players and managers/coaches should shoulder the brunt of the blame for their poor performances but the Chairman has to take action on those under achieving and in this case should have sacked Redknapp and not appointed a rookie in Terry Connor mark II.

Comment

Working...
                              X