X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1973 Goals of the Season

A beauty from Stan in there!

A very nostalgic watch for some of us.

'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Stan pure genius
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Beautiful, you see some of those pitches, players had skills! Thanks for that.
      Kept the faith!

Comment

oh proper strips, proper football, proper contracts, proper players

Comment

seeing as how the memory lane gate is open

proper theme tune too!!!

QPR v Leeds

Comment

Fabulous goals, great memories and the state of those pitches!

Oh, and Jimmy Hill's chin.

Comment

Having just watched the modern prima donnas disgrace themselves at Stamford Bridge from both sides, how nice to see some proper football, great days I will never forget, 73 was the start of a new era for Rangers and 73 -78 saw us play some of the most sublime football in history......happy days.

Comment

Close my eyes and i can imagine walking from home to the ground on a balmy 1977 evening with my mates, not a care in the world other than to avoid stepping in any of that white dog poo and messing up my Dunlop Superstars again. Playing knock down ginger on the local knocking shop up Hammersmith Broadway before sharing a bag of chips outside the ground. Ahhhhhh proper football and proper times in the once wonderful city that is London.

Comment

Agree with all the above, great days, proper football, not the crap we see today.
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Phil Parkes playing against Leeds without gloves on. Oh how I miss those days.

Comment

Oh those where the days, true hero's, gifted players normally on both teams.I still remember Frank Worthington blasting a half volley past Phil back in the day, great players like,Currie, Hoddle, Brady, Peter Barnes, Rix,Gordon Hill, Channon, Regis, Cunningham, Statham, Lorimer, Dave Watson, Keegan, Dalglish, Brooking, Joe Jordon, entire 75-76 team, the list could be endless.

I wonder why this country stopped producing players like this?

From 75 to 78 then venners,great times to be a hoop, I remmember spending one summer with my good pal watching them rebuild LR.

We need to get back to being a family club, I except we have to move but we must always remember we are a family club, you use to feel part of it back then.

I always remember thinking, how come little QPR kick so much ####? We where a special club back then, the smallest biggest club around!
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        seeing as how the memory lane gate is open

proper theme tune too!!!

QPR v Leeds

Indeed!
                        Kept the faith!

Comment

They were all london club goals aswell all 6.

Comment

Great memories, the loft looks superb. Dave Thomas is a legend
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                              Close my eyes and i can imagine walking from home to the ground on a balmy 1977 evening with my mates, not a care in the world other than to avoid stepping in any of that white dog poo and messing up my Dunlop Superstars again. Playing knock down ginger on the local knocking shop up Hammersmith Broadway before sharing a bag of chips outside the ground. Ahhhhhh proper football and proper times in the once wonderful city that is London.
                              Dunlop Superstars...... Or Adidas Kick. And a Levi hooded top.

Comment

Working...
                              X