No announcement yet.

Austin to Southampton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fee will probably be undisclosed to avoid backlash from qpr fans. 1 year left on his deal and if we are relgated, I reckon £11 mill plus add ons

Comment

you've got to look for bigger clubs than Southampton and C/palace coming in for him because those 2 are never going to pay what most of you lot want for him

Comment

Fact is if we are relegated and 1 year left on the contract we are not getting anywhere near 20 mill for Charlie!! 15 mill in that situation and we have played a blinder but realistically 10 - 12 mill should be expected!!

Comment

We should slap a ridiculous price on his head. If no-one takes him, let him play on through his contract.

I doubt he'll ever get in the England squad while Roy is manager as he will only pick his favourites or anyone who has played in the U-21s!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Wouldn't it be great though if Austin stayed one more season whatever division we were in so we could build a side that could come back up AND compete....

...apologies, just had a flash of what football used to be like back in the day
            never ever going to happen if we're down Charlie's off

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              Wouldn't it be great though if Austin stayed one more season whatever division we were in so we could build a side that could come back up AND compete....

...apologies, just had a flash of what football used to be like back in the day
              People are not interested in discussing that. Too many on this board seems to advocate the notion that CA is larger than the club.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

If we are not going to get good money for Austin might as well leave him here to help us gain promotion again. He still have 1 year contract with us. If we win promotion and then he leaves, then it would be money well invested.
                Last edited by Martinmalta; 13-03-2015, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                  If we are going to get good money for Austin might as well leave him here to help us gain promotion again. He still have 1 year contract with us. If we win promotion and he leaves, then it will money well invested.

We are under no need to sell him if we go down. He is on acceptable money and will get us the goals to get us back up IF we go down. The value of coming back up at first call will be much better than the value from selling him. Who knows, if we do come back up with him, he may stay on at the club.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    you've got to look for bigger clubs than Southampton and C/palace coming in for him because those 2 are never going to pay what most of you lot want for him
                    Agree to a degree but how much did Southampton pay for Shane Long?

Comment

Working...
                    X