Who was your best back four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was your best back four

For me the effortless way that gerry ftrancis team attacked from the defence,sending too brilliant overlapping full backs makes my greatest ever back four
    as bardsley macdonald datrren peacock clive wilson
    sometimes two of these players would be running around in midfield for most of the match,teams like liverpool were destroyed by brilliant attacking football
    or what do you guys think.....................tell us your dream defence
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Gillard, Parker, McDonald and Maddix
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Orr, Gabbidon, Anton, Hill

Comment

Neil fenwick Wicks Dawes

Comment

Or

Ukah Malcolm santos Caesar

Comment

Clement Webb McLintock Gillard
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
              Clement Webb McLintock Gillard
              That's must be the best ever R's team when these four were playing. However, must say they we conceded a lot of goals as well on those days, the difference being our total football and the terrific goalscoring skills of Bowles, Givens, Francis, Masson and Thomas. On hand were also the likes of Webb, Clement and Gillard. We were successful because we scored more goals then our opponents in most games!

Comment

If you mean who all played at the same time it was Clement, McLintock, Webb, Gillard.

If you mean "all stars" from any era, Macca obviously needs to be in there and personally I think Dave Clement was better than Parker at right back.

I'm hard pressed to choose between McLintock and Webb for the other central defender but Clement and Gilly are my full backs every time.
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

ok

ok two scenerios

the best four that played together

and the best ever players from any era

right back.........paul parker

center half .............terry fenwick

center half...............bobby hazel

left back..................clive wilson
                  Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                    That's must be the best ever R's team when these four were playing. However, must say they we conceded a lot of goals as well on those days, the difference being our total football and the terrific goalscoring skills of Bowles, Givens, Francis, Masson and Thomas. On hand were also the likes of Webb, Clement and Gillard. We were successful because we scored more goals then our opponents in most games!
                    Conceded a lot of goals!. I would not mind conceding 33 goals in the next 42 league games, as that was the total they conceded in 75/76 in the old first division.
                    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Would love to have seen the following back four

Bardsley Fenwick MacDonald Padula

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                        For me the effortless way that gerry ftrancis team attacked from the defence,sending too brilliant overlapping full backs makes my greatest ever back four
                        as bardsley macdonald datrren peacock clive wilson
                        sometimes two of these players would be running around in midfield for most of the match,teams like liverpool were destroyed by brilliant attacking football
                        or what do you guys think.....................tell us your dream defence
                        This would have to be my best back four. I was gutted when Peacock left and how we let Wilson leave is beyond me. I think that was another Wilkins mistake

Comment

Wilson/Bardsley Fenwick McDonald Parker
                          Wickes ,Peacock ,Dawesy just missed out and man to man Maddix )
                          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

seen some descent one's
                            Clement, Mclintock,Webb, Gillard prob have to nick it as this was our most successfull tean also
                            Bardsley McDonald Maddix Wilson
                            but the hardest
                            T Fenwick,G Mcqiure,B Keetch,M Dennis

Comment

Working...
                            X