I wonder how many extra points..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder how many extra points..

we would have had by now, if we had kept it simple this season and played our players in their correct positions? We are not world beaters but I am confident that there is enough ability in this side to survive. It has frustrated me for near enough the entire season, with Fer on the left, Vargas on the right, etc etc. Genuinely class players, completely wasted.

When Ramsey came in, I liked the way he brought in Furlong who was the only fit right back choice, instead of accomodating another player out of position. Fer came into the middle finally, and was class before getting injured, and Phillips provided 4 assists in as many games, and looked a real threat.

However, slowly its starting to look again like yet another manager continues to select players in their wrong positions. Of course we have injuries, it cant be helped - but on Saturday the team selection baffled me. Our top form player Phillips was moved to the left, giving no goal or cross threat whatsoever despiting already having 4 assists to his name, then Ned is moved to right back despite Isla being fit - with a tired Rio moving to center back? Surely Phillips should have continued at right wing, Isla at right back and Ned in the middle? This has probably been mentioned in many threads already, but its so frustrating to know we have the talent, and we are just wasting it despite having the tools.

Im not sure where the players and manager have got the idea that we played well vs Spurs from? Apart from a few lucky chances that fell to us and we wasted, what did we actually create of our own doing?

I still believe we have some good players in the squad, but it is looking more and more likely that we will go down. But lets at least give ourselves a chance and select players in their preferred and strongest positions. Otherwise we are already throwing the game away before its begun
Working...
X