morning after reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• morning after reality

This is genuinely in our hands -the next three games are the real crux of the season. 5 points and we will be out of the relegation zone. (I did the predictor thing in a realistic way). From then on its a fight to the finish with eyes on the last two games as potentially winnable (if Leicester are down by then).
    Of course, this is with the assumption that we can rise to the challenge in those three games. Many on here have already decided that we won't and are already planning their visit to "exotic" championship locations. In truth its way too soon for that as long as those with the faith keep it on and off the field.
    Come on you R's!!!!

We can't keep a clean sheet, it's really that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
      This is genuinely in our hands -the next three games are the real crux of the season. 5 points and we will be out of the relegation zone. (I did the predictor thing in a realistic way). From then on its a fight to the finish with eyes on the last two games as potentially winnable (if Leicester are down by then).
      Of course, this is with the assumption that we can rise to the challenge in those three games. Many on here have already decided that we won't and are already planning their visit to "exotic" championship locations. In truth its way too soon for that as long as those with the faith keep it on and off the field.
      Come on you R's!!!!
      You're right mate... Fat lady not quite singing yet..

So many white flag merchants on here it's unbelievable..

Whilst there's hope there's light ,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post

I know it is hard after so many defeats but we definitely deserved something yesterday so I haven't completely given up, but need to start clicking into gear pretty sharpish

Comment

To be fair, 3 points off 17th with 1 win in 7 isn't really going to inspire optimism when in reality we need another 4 wins from our last 10. Stranger things have happened, but we have to beat Palace and Villa in my opinion to stand a chance, which is a big ask. I can certainly understand why some fans are throwing the towel in (even though I'll keep believing until its mathematically impossible to survive.)

Comment

Yep, quite a few have us relegated already. Even if we win all our remaining games, we've already been relegated!
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I can't believe all these loses on here talking about our squad for the championship for next season. We have had really bad luck off late with injury after injury, and what don't help is when you get a dodgy ref like that #### yesterday, we still have atleast 5-6 winnable games in us, am not saying we will am just hoping
              You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                To be fair, 3 points off 17th with 1 win in 7 isn't really going to inspire optimism when in reality we need another 4 wins from our last 10. Stranger things have happened, but we have to beat Palace and Villa in my opinion to stand a chance, which is a big ask. I can certainly understand why some fans are throwing the towel in (even though I'll keep believing until its mathematically impossible to survive.)
                3 points is one win only. It can switch in one weekend of football so I won't really be too disheartened by that. Also, I think everyone agrees that when it comes to this point of the season, especially with bottom half clubs, form is out of the window really.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

well we haven't beaten a single team in the top 10 but have fared better against the lower ones. Next 3 games key .If we can get 6 points we have a good chance of survival

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    3 points is one win only. It can switch in one weekend of football so I won't really be too disheartened by that. Also, I think everyone agrees that when it comes to this point of the season, especially with bottom half clubs, form is out of the window really.
                    That's the point though - with us, it isn't one weekend of football. We are losing and drawing games that we should be winning, and are running out of games; add in the fact that Villa have an easier run-in than us, and I think our best bet is that Hull pick up virtually nothing between now and May. I agree with your suggestion that form goes out of the window at this stage; it really is about who wants it more that eventuallly stays up. With that said, I'm not sure that the large number of players in our squad who's contracts expire in the summer will be bothered either way whether we drop or not.

Comment

We don't score enough goals and our defending is laughable at times. Something has to change if we are to stay up. The problem is I can't see where the goals are going to come from (apart from Charlie obviously) and our defence speak for themselves. I am not holding a white flag in surrender but I am being realistic in thinking we have a strong chance of going down. We need a big result against Palace on Saturday, if we lose its one step closer to relegation

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                        That's the point though - with us, it isn't one weekend of football. We are losing and drawing games that we should be winning, and are running out of games; add in the fact that Villa have an easier run-in than us, and I think our best bet is that Hull pick up virtually nothing between now and May. I agree with your suggestion that form goes out of the window at this stage; it really is about who wants it more that eventuallly stays up. With that said, I'm not sure that the large number of players in our squad who's contracts expire in the summer will be bothered either way whether we drop or not.
                        Hugely disagree with that, remember gary o'neil? he was out of contract and look at what he did. Same with Zamora. Everyone plays for their contract so maybe this is a blessing in disguise
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

So many white flag merchants on here it's unbelievable
                          5 straight defeats at home

1 away win all season

Last won at Loftus Rd 8 home league games ago

I think it's called realism. Relegation form if ever I've seen it.

Haven't given in completely yet but I wouldn't put a pound coin on us staying up. Haven't got the players to turn it around imo, add to that continual individual mistakes & it doesn't make a pretty picture.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Hugely disagree with that, remember gary o'neil? he was out of contract and look at what he did. Same with Zamora. Everyone plays for their contract so maybe this is a blessing in disguise
                            For every O'Neil or Zamora there is a Park, Bosingwa, Samba, Remy or Granero who couldn't give a single sh*t about their contract with QPR. Attitude wise, some in the current squad are only slightly better than the rabble of 2012/13.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                              5 straight defeats at home

1 away win all season

Last won at Loftus Rd 8 home league games ago

I think it's called realism. Relegation form if ever I've seen it.

Haven't given in completely yet but I wouldn't put a pound coin on us staying up. Haven't got the players to turn it around imo, add to that continual individual mistakes & it doesn't make a pretty picture.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X