No announcement yet.

Our squad for the Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly we still have a hell of a chance to stay up so think this thread is way to premature but if we went down we could keep a very decent spine for the championship.

McCarthy - should be first choice as future of the club in gk capacity
    Yun - play lw
    Robinson - looks a real good lb
    Caulker - had a mare in the prem but maybe a season with is in the chpionship would do him the world of the good!
    Ned - would love him to stay but wouldn't be surprised if a Orem team picked him up
    Furlong - 1st choice rb
    Phillips - owes us another year atleast after standing by him through injuries
    Henry - good squad player to keep
    Doughty - looks a good squad player
    Fer - dig in deep and hold on to this guy could be the difference from going straight back up!!
    Sandro - sell if we can get some back
    Zamora - time to move on unless he's on a very low basic
    Austin- if relegated I hope he stays but wouldn't blame him if he goes and we get some money to reinvest in decent strikers
    -

Hoilett - get rid pay up contract just don't want this waste of space near the club - last of the mecerneries!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      Firstly we still have a hell of a chance to stay up so think this thread is way to premature but if we went down we could keep a very decent spine for the championship.

Yun - play lw
      Caulker - had a mare in the prem but maybe a season with is in the chpionship would do him the world of the good!
      Ned - would love him to stay but wouldn't be surprised if a Orem team picked him up
      Furlong - 1st choice rb
      Fer - dig in deep and hold on to this guy could be the difference from going straight back up!!
      Austin- if relegated I hope he stays but wouldn't blame him if he goes and we get some money to reinvest in decent strikers
      -

Hoilett - get rid pay up contract just don't want this waste of space near the club - last of the mecerneries!
      Spot on for me.

Comment

If we go down there is no chance of Austin staying. Will probably end the season getting over 20 goals, being talked about for England and 1 year left on his contract. His stock is high atm and there will be prem clubs lining up in the summer. I just hope we get a decent enough fee for him as I worry it may be less then people expect with him having only 1 year left.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Yun - play lw
          Furlong - 1st choice rb
          -

There is absolutely no chance that Fer will stay if we go down. He left Norwich because they were in the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            There is absolutely no chance that Fer will stay if we go down. He left Norwich because they were in the Championship.
            You never know, he could be settled here and likes living in west london. He must be on pretty cushty wages so he might bite the bullet for one season, experience bit of glory and back up to the prem within a year. Saying that he's a dutch international and i think many teams will be interested so lets see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
              You never know, he could be settled here and likes living in west london. He must be on pretty cushty wages so he might bite the bullet for one season, experience bit of glory and back up to the prem within a year. Saying that he's a dutch international and i think many teams will be interested so lets see what happens.
              Good summary Big Fella....

Comment

If we are that good with money (recently the owners had written off 60m) then I will definitely keep Austin to help us regain promotion if we go down. Its a gamble. However, are you not ready to gamble 15-18million in pursue of 100m that is the Premier league? At the end of this season, CA will have only one year left on his contract, the same situation as Danny Ings this season. They did not sell him in January in pursuit of Premier survival.

Comment

Working...
                X