• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuff said; Crystal Palace next
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

He basically said that if the right decisions were made, then we would have won. It's pretty well known that this is true. I don't think there is a disaster Wests, I think it is a potential crisis of confidence brought about by the fact that things aren't going our way. I hope that we can calm the nerves at Palace because that would be a huge boost for the run in.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        He basically said that if the right decisions were made, then we would have won. It's pretty well known that this is true. I don't think there is a disaster Wests, I think it is a potential crisis of confidence brought about by the fact that things aren't going our way. I hope that we can calm the nerves at Palace because that would be a huge boost for the run in.
        Don't think you can assume we would have won. Austin missed penalty first game it would have been nice to have had the decision given but come on you can't just say we would have won

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
          Yep i have mate. So you dont think Caulker makes individual errors?
          I think he does make errors, he made one today that wasn't capitalised on but that wasn't my point and I think you misunderstood me. My point was relating to the solid style of football. We have a very good chance creation relative to teams around us so I think that alot can be said about how we are playing.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Don't think you can assume we would have won. Austin missed penalty first game it would have been nice to have had the decision given but come on you can't just say we would have won
            Well, forget missing the penalty but the fact that we didn't get the decisions as I have said, played on the minds of the players and that had a huge effect. I think you are looking at it in a way that makes it worse in your mind than it is. Just because he could have missed, doesn't mean he will. Of 3 penalties, what are the odds that he would miss all 3? If they didn't score that first, they wouldn't have gained the momentum they did. Every decision makes a difference and that is what to take from this.

Comment

Yes agree but first goal was greens fault so by definition of what you just said green created part of the effect you speak off

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Yes agree but first goal was greens fault so by definition of what you just said green created part of the effect you speak off
                he wouldn't have been had the dive to win the free kick and resulting offside been called correctly.

Comment

Ramsey is doing fine ffs. everyone is over reacting to a false result. what could he have done today? everyone played fine outside of the rio and none of them deserved to lose, especially like this.
                  I can see we are going to be in a minority here nasser but I agree with you. We are playing much better football under Ramsey. The squad at his disposal is not one of his own choosing and the matches he has had have all been difficult ones, not to mention that if it weren't for bad luck we'd have had none at all. If we stick to the task and keep playing well we have a shout of staying up, albeit a small one. I still like what I have seen under Ramsey. There is absolutely no point whatsoever in thinking about replacing him now. Nobody else is going to do any better with this squad. As for next season, well, let's see how this one finishes first.

One criticism I will make is that I think we set up too defensively at home. We need an attacking midfielder as a play maker to set up the strikers. And defensively we are a shambles but honestly, with the players we have, I don't know what can be done about it other than prayer.
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

he wouldn't have been had the dive to win the free kick and resulting offside been called correctly.
                    Rubbish your clutching at straws. We're there wrong decidions yes of course there were but that don't mean you turn off and can defend Greens applying effort. You got play the situation same as they say play to the whistle

The ref was dire but once decision is given although soft we defend the set piece, even if Kane was offside green should have smashed him making it irrelevant

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      Cant see what he is doing better than HR really, but its too late now..we are down.
                      Did I miss something? When did we get relegated? I didn't know it was official.
                      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                        I can see we are going to be in a minority here nasser but I agree with you. We are playing much better football under Ramsey. The squad at his disposal is not one of his own choosing and the matches he has had have all been difficult ones, not to mention that if it weren't for bad luck we'd have had none at all. If we stick to the task and keep playing well we have a shout of staying up, albeit a small one. I still like what I have seen under Ramsey. There is absolutely no point whatsoever in thinking about replacing him now. Nobody else is going to do any better with this squad. As for next season, well, let's see how this one finishes first.

One criticism I will make is that I think we set up too defensively at home. We need an attacking midfielder as a play maker to set up the strikers. And defensively we are a shambles but honestly, with the players we have, I don't know what can be done about it other than prayer.
                        I think we still have chance of staying up DS and I have seen improvements but until the prem start handing out points for good performances it's not a great deal of good to us

Question not just for you but all. Yes the squad is poor hence the defence some are presenting for Ramsey but it's the same squad everyone has been saying would have stayed up had we got Pulis in so what's the difference??????

For record I like Ramsey I want him to do well he's been breath of fresh air don't mean he's above questioning

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                          What if we scored those chances where the ball hit the wood work or scored the penalties that should've been rewarded??

Imho the plan is sort of working. I know that sounds focking stupid considering the 4 defeats but like mentioned before we do actually look more organised. And 'again' lost because of bad luck and bad refereeing...
                          That's about how I see it too Nick. I can't believe there are people who apparently can't see that we are playing much better under Ramsey.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Rubbish your clutching at straws. We're there wrong decidions yes of course there were but that don't mean you turn off and can defend Greens applying effort. You got play the situation same as they say play to the whistle

The ref was dire but once decision is given although soft we defend the set piece, even if Kane was offside green should have smashed him making it irrelevant
                            I didn't defend them Wests, that is ridiculous. I said he made the error ffs, read what I posted. I'm saying that if the right decisions had been made, the error wouldn't have been a subject of discussion because it wouldn't have happened. I'm not defending green, i think he was at fault for that goal for sure. My point is that the incident should never have occurred period.

Comment

I think we still have chance of staying up DS and I have seen improvements but until the prem start handing out points for good performances it's not a great deal of good to us

Question not just for you but all. Yes the squad is poor hence the defence some are presenting for Ramsey but it's the same squad everyone has been saying would have stayed up had we got Pulis in so what's the difference??????

For record I like Ramsey I want him to do well he's been breath of fresh air don't mean he's above questioning
                              I agree with your point about points for good performances, but I think the point is that if you are playing well you can be hopeful that the wins will come, even if they haven't yet.

It is possible that "everyone" was wrong about Pulis. It's very easy to SAY he would have kept us up but it doesn't mean much.

Comment

How do we know Pulis would have kept us up. As far as I'm concerned, from the start, it shouldn't have been a case that West brom were a bottom half side so I think he is doing a barely acceptable job there. I think no one would have been able to eliminate the defensive frailties without transfers in january. We of course got unlucky again with the Dunne injury but that isn't an excuse. We have Rio who should be good but is embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                                X