Ramsey is not the answer discuss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    He has the team playing a solid style of football which should be working but relies on solidity throughout the team. He can't get that at the moment due to individual errors defensively from Rio, Green etc.
    funny that we play a "solid style of football" big sams teams lump it. exactly what we do, it just keeps coming back at us as BZ either gives a foul away or doesnt hold it up. it was madness playing phillips on the left as hes a decent supply of crosses on his right foot.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
      funny that we play a "solid style of football" big sams teams lump it. exactly what we do, it just keeps coming back at us as BZ either gives a foul away or doesnt hold it up. it was madness playing phillips on the left as hes a decent supply of crosses on his right foot.
      Solid style of football = lump it up to BZ
      If that dont work then we go to plan B
      Plan B = Lump it up to BZ even more urgently. Wouldnt mind so much if it works tbh.

Comment

• Just heard we have appealed to the Premier League because the sun was in our eyes for most of the first half...waiting for announcement to say the game is void but we win by default as "its just not fair" and Charlie would normally have put that ball in the net and not the underside of the crossbar.

Comment

• Totally agree with Vespa. First half we should have been 3-1 up. Austin should have easily scored when he hit the bar and I actually think Philips chance was a very good one. He needs to keep his composure in front of goal. He should never have gone for the near post shooting across the defender. He should have side footed into the far post and there is no way the keeper could have got there. On most other days we would have got the penalty.

Admittedly, we were fortunate in the first 20 of the second half but we all know goals change games. If we had got our noses in front the crowd would have got louder and the pressure would have been on Tottenham. Despite everything we still were unlucky not to get a draw with the second penalty shout which every pundit have universally agreed it was a stonewall penalty.

You can't blame Ramsay for the above. Our best defender is out as is our captain plus Leroy Fer who was just finding his form. Tottenham are a good side and we gave them a scare despite the absences. I'm firmly behind Ramsey and Les even if we go down which I think is highly likely.

Don't get me wrong but this season feels like one of the most painful for me and up until 30 mins ago I have been on a complete downer all evening. It completely spoils my evening when Rangers lose (especially the way we have this year) and I actually think I prefer the days when we used to beat Notts County and Scunthorpe as at least my weekends were better. I know this sounds ridiculous and makes no sense but it is the way I feel at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by East London R View Post
            Totally agree with Vespa. First half we should have been 3-1 up. Austin should have easily scored when he hit the bar and I actually think Philips chance was a very good one. He needs to keep his composure in front of goal. He should never have gone for the near post shooting across the defender. He should have side footed into the far post and there is no way the keeper could have got there. On most other days we would have got the penalty.

Admittedly, we were fortunate in the first 20 of the second half but we all know goals change games. If we had got our noses in front the crowd would have got louder and the pressure would have been on Tottenham. Despite everything we still were unlucky not to get a draw with the second penalty shout which every pundit have universally agreed it was a stonewall penalty.

You can't blame Ramsay for the above. Our best defender is out as is our captain plus Leroy Fer who was just finding his form. Tottenham are a good side and we gave them a scare despite the absences. I'm firmly behind Ramsey and Les even if we go down which I think is highly likely.

Don't get me wrong but this season feels like one of the most painful for me and up until 30 mins ago I have been on a complete downer all evening. It completely spoils my evening when Rangers lose (especially the way we have this year) and I actually think I prefer the days when we used to beat Notts County and Scunthorpe as at least my weekends were better. I know this sounds ridiculous and makes no sense but it is the way I feel at the moment.
            Exactly how i feel mate. Six wins from 28 games this season. Six.
            As for the game then they had over 60% possession, had more shots and a lot more passes. We had a penalty shout and they missed a couple of one on ones where they should have scored. Much more expensive team than us with much more talent so we cant really complain. Palace is the one where we can make amends.
            Last edited by vblockranger; 08-03-2015, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
              Since HR left. Chris ramsey has had us playing attacking football ,for one reason or another ,not lack of effort , results havnt gone our way ,Wednesday we deserved at least a draw ,today we p issed the first half ,then should have had two penalties , s hits not going our way,we ARE still on the right the right track with Ramsey ..
              Keep the Faith
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post

Lump it up to Zamora? Or play down the wing. Think we have an answer here. If we wanna survive we need to play to our strength. Phillips and Isla can cross a ball very well. Use that to our advantage. Play isla right back and Phillips right mid. Have play focussed solely down that one side and abuse their ability to cross a ball. Have chaz in there to knock it in and that is how we can win.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• but our lack of being able to win that 2nd ball today was excrutiating to watch, after every header it was a spurs foot that it landed on
                  Rangers Til I Die
                  follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

• Vblock, respect you for still having the faith and come the Palace game I will also believe we can beat them and turn things around. Been Rangers for almost 40 years and the big 50 this year so have seen some sh.ttier times than these. Forgive my philosophical crap but been on the Mount Gay extra old since 6pm and in a way this board is like therapy. Looking at all the posts it makes me laugh as strong differing opinions and people genuinely getting f.cked off with each other but the truth is we are all so p.ssed off and frustrated with the result today it is everyone's own way of dealing with the pain.

In my heart I know we will go down but hope that we will sort out our club to come back stronger on and off the pitch. If we don't f.ck it! We are all QPR here and none of us will become any less passionate. If anything, when we are in real trouble it only encourages me to go to more games strangely enough!

Sorry for rambling gents.

Comment

• Nasser, I know it aint ideal but I make you right as we have absolutely no other options. Redcrapp should have bought players to play a certain system but failed to and eventually the only option we had was to hit it to Zamora despite Redcrapp saying that he could not play all the games etc etc. He stumbled upon this as a last resort.

I know every team can moan but I think the turning point was losing Fer. He was the threat from midfield and was really starting to perform.

Comment

• Originally posted by East London R View Post
                        Nasser, I know it aint ideal but I make you right as we have absolutely no other options. Redcrapp should have bought players to play a certain system but failed to and eventually the only option we had was to hit it to Zamora despite Redcrapp saying that he could not play all the games etc etc. He stumbled upon this as a last resort.

I know every team can moan but I think the turning point was losing Fer. He was the threat from midfield and was really starting to perform.
                        I don't think many people agreed with me that fer was going to be huge for us until the game he got injured and now everyone is hurting more about it. Imagine being me and constantly saying that Fer is our best player hands down and getting berated for it and then when people start to realise it, its too late.

Fer will be back in a few weeks and with the villa game being postponed potentially, him returning then could be crucial.

Comment

• CR has done about as good as could have been expected given the circumstances and the injuries.
                          We seem philosophically to be set up to play with greater , shape and width and whilst not necessarily successful with more of emphasis on attack.
                          Performances have been much better yet results and points have not been forthcoming at a time of the season when in terms of our survival , points and wins are what needed not improvement.
                          The end of the season will need to be one of real reflection by the club whether we find ourselves surviving in the Prem or relegated

Comment

• Starting to believe this myself. 1 win and 4 losses since Ramsey came in. Yes, we are playing very well, much improved, but we arent getting the results we need and we are still full of individual errors which are costing us dearly. Imo, keep Ramsey on as a coach at the end of the season, get rid of Bond, and get a proven man in.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
                              Only chance of survival
                              Lie down, before you hurt yourself.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                                Cant see what he is doing better than HR really, but its too late now..we are down.
                                And why is that exactly..... I think under the circumstances CR is doing ok ...

Fine margins in football and had it not been for inept officials, we would have got something from this game.

Agreed that it is not looking great but to say we're down is just surrender ,,

It must be great though after your prediction and that of others, that the fans of Villa,Sunderland and Hull can sleep soundly knowing that they are safe from relegation,,,,

Comment

Working...
                                X