Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR v Spurs: Rangers fans views wanted for Spurs site

http://www.thfclatest.com/2015/02/06...trip-to-spurs/

Sorry to approach you in this way but is there anyone who is willing to give their views on QPR's season so far? We are obviously a Spurs site but more than that we are all geniune football fans not just Spurs. We certainly do not rubbish other teams but we do like to get the views of the opposition before our games. I will fully credit whoevers views are on our site and of course thank and link back to wearetherangersboys.com. You can see a sample article from Arsenal fans from a few weeks back.

Maybe the best way to do it is ask you a serious of questions and if you are interested just fill in your thoughts below each question.

What were your expectations for QPR before the season got underway?

Your thoughts on Harry Redknapp?

Which of your players should Spurs particularly beware of?

Which Spurs players are you most wary of?

Will QPR manage to get out of trouble and stay in the Prem?

Any thoughts on Spurs in general? (If you hate us no problem just say so and why)

First QPR v Spurs game you can remember?

Finally, a score prediction please?

I'll pop back and forth before the game. Many thanks.

As my mate says our ex Spurs employees - Sandro, Caulker, Niko, BAE, Little Tom Carroll, Ramsey, Harry, Bond, Les, Jordan, Adel.......

Comment

Survival. Just.

W-anchor. Biggest fraud in football. Took us over in November 4 points off safety, took us down 11 adrift having spent £20m in Jan. Struggled to get us back up despite having, by far, the league's best resources. Terrible this season & quit in a huff when he couldn't spunk money up the wall in Jan.

Charlie Austin, obviously.

Eriksen.

Yes. Just (although a defeat Saturday and my answer will change!)

Any thoughts on Spurs in general? (If you hate us no problem just say so and why)
      Personally no problem with Spurs. All the Spurs mates I have are pretty decent, unlike Chelski & Ar$enal fans.

Sat in the paddock for a friendly at home to Spurs in about 1997 I reckon. I only really remember Jose Dominguez taking a throw in front of us and me being baffled at how a child was being allowed to play.

2-1 win for us.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Survival. Just.

W-anchor. Biggest fraud in football. Took us over in November 4 points off safety, took us down 11 adrift having spent £20m in Jan. Struggled to get us back up despite having, by far, the league's best resources. Terrible this season & quit in a huff when he couldn't spunk money up the wall in Jan.

Charlie Austin, obviously.

Eriksen.

Yes. Just (although a defeat Saturday and my answer will change!)

Personally no problem with Spurs. All the Spurs mates I have are pretty decent, unlike Chelski & Ar$enal fans.

Sat in the paddock for a friendly at home to Spurs in about 1997 I reckon. I only really remember Jose Dominguez taking a throw in front of us and me being baffled at how a child was being allowed to play.

2-1 win for us.

Thank you Matty. That's the ticket. I forget to say my first memory of seeing QPR was when you beat us 2-1 at the Lane just before Christmas in 1974. I can remember Stanley Bowles getting both your goals but I have forgotten who scored for Spurs. What a team that QPR side of the mid 1970's was. You should have been champions.

Any other replies to the questions above our welcome.

Comment

I was expecting lower reaches but not relegation

I was delighted when we appointed him. I thought we were going to be treated to fast attacking football from a team with passion and commitment. How wrong was I! Rudderless management, boring and negative football and pretty much everything I didn't expect from a Redknapp side

Charlie Austin obviously and Matty Phillips is starting to look like the player we though he could be

Harry Kane obviously and Erikson (sp) for his dead ball quality

Still think we will scrape survival, but it's going to be close

No hate from me, the in-laws are all proper Spuds. Bitterness of course for Wembley '82

Would have been early 70's and remember the game you mentioned in '74 - one of Stanley's was a pen, was yours a penalty too or perhaps that was the reverse fixture

Score draw - going 2-2
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I thought we'd be in a relegation scrap. I didn't think Redknapp was good enough to keep us up but was hoping I was wrong.

I always rated him before he came to QPR but after two years of him I think he is tactically inept and the success he has had has been based on continually buying players until he chanced upon ones that were actually good.

Charlie Austin, no surprise there, and Matty Phillips, who has found a new lease of life under Chris Ramsey. My dark horse is Zarate who has looked lively in his few appearances so far. Unfortunately Ramsey doesn't seem to like him so he is unlikely to play.

I must admit I never watch Spurs play but it would be hard not to single out Harry Kane. All QPR fans will also be watching out for Kyle Walker and Andros Townsend, who both had excellent loan spells with us and returned straight into Spurs' first team.

After two recent losses the odds are now against us but we still have a chance. Probably 70% that we are going down.

I don't mind Spurs. There are definitely other London teams I like a lot less! It would be nice to see Spurs have a good season and shake things up at the top. Daniel Levy is a tight fisted you-know-what but I wish our owners would bring some of that to the table for us!

QPR 1 Spurs 0, League Cup, 2nd Round, 1974-ish. Spurs were the holders and we knocked you out at the first hurdle. It was the first time I ever saw QPR play Spurs live.

I think we are going to win this one. We have been a bit unlucky in our previous two matches and these things tend to go back and forth.
            QPR 2 Spurs 1
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Survival.

To me he seems like a manager who always wants that extra player instead of trying to develop what he has.That makes him very expensive , He seems tactically inept aswell,

Austin and Phillips.

Kane and Eriksen obviously, but the whole team has impressed me with how dangerous they are on the break.

I think we will just scrape through on the last day(of the Earth)

A team that always tries to play football the way it should be played. With a positive approach.

Must have been the Cupfinal in 82.

0-2.
              Last edited by Shania; 05-03-2015, 09:12 PM.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Working...
              X