Zamora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zamora

Enough sentiment now, we're going down playing him week in, week out. I've never seen anyone his size get bullied, lose battles and be constantly off the pace, so much as our beloved Bobby Z!

We're playing with 10 men every week. Zamora, Kranjcar and Hill on the pitch last night along with a young kid playing against one of the world's best in Sanchez, we didn't really have a chance, so I think the thread's saying we're doomed etc need to take a realistic approach to last night. We done alright overall but injuries and suspensions are haunting us right now.

Back on topic to Bobby Z, I think a switch of tactics and back to last season is the answer, bringing him on rather than starting.

I've also noticed Bobby and Charlie struggle to play together, it's staggering the amount of times they both go for the same ball or Charlie flicks on for Bobby to run in behind, which is about as useful as Kranjcar is to our team.

Bobby also seems to have lost a couple of yards in his head, he wants hours on the ball before his brain wakes up and tells him what to do.

Zarate or Vargas to play off Charlie for me. They both offer pace, a low sense of gravity which defenders hate and general liveliness. They can run in behind and are both a lot quicker in the head than Bobby. They also both offer a higher goal threat.

I hope to see this happen against Spurs and for the remainder of the season. It's a no brainer for me.

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
    Enough sentiment now, we're going down playing him week in, week out. I've never seen anyone his size get bullied, lose battles and be constantly off the pace, so much as our beloved Bobby Z!

We're playing with 10 men every week. Zamora, Kranjcar and Hill on the pitch last night along with a young kid playing against one of the world's best in Sanchez, we didn't really have a chance, so I think the thread's saying we're doomed etc need to take a realistic approach to last night. We done alright overall but injuries and suspensions are haunting us right now.

Back on topic to Bobby Z, I think a switch of tactics and back to last season is the answer, bringing him on rather than starting.

I've also noticed Bobby and Charlie struggle to play together, it's staggering the amount of times they both go for the same ball or Charlie flicks on for Bobby to run in behind, which is about as useful as Kranjcar is to our team.

Bobby also seems to have lost a couple of yards in his head, he wants hours on the ball before his brain wakes up and tells him what to do.

Zarate or Vargas to play off Charlie for me. They both offer pace, a low sense of gravity which defenders hate and general liveliness. They can run in behind and are both a lot quicker in the head than Bobby. They also both offer a higher goal threat.

I hope to see this happen against Spurs and for the remainder of the season. It's a no brainer for me.
    Your right with every quote, but we have got to get that though Ramsey' s brain. Bobby,nico,hill all useless at this level
    You Rsssssss

Comment

I agree on Zamora. Supposed to be there to hold-up the ball / knock it on for Charlie but instead rarely wins the header or gets in Austin's way.

Comment

The best post I have read all season,your 100% right,enough with Zamora it hasn't worked all season so why persist with it. I agree Vargas or Zarate should start either in-front or behind Austin with Austin holding up the ball laying it to Vargas or Zarate and then looking for the return. They need change it for Saturday as the fat lady has ordered a cab to the theatre.

Comment

Originally posted by haddockandbloater View Post
          The best post I have read all season,your 100% right,enough with Zamora it hasn't worked all season so why persist with it. I agree Vargas or Zarate should start either in-front or behind Austin with Austin holding up the ball laying it to Vargas or Zarate and then looking for the return. They need change it for Saturday as the fat lady has ordered a cab to the theatre.
          Agree.
          Vargas or Zarate should start. Keep Zamora on the bench until the last 15- 20 minutes, if needed. #need pace up front

Comment

Zamora should never have stared with Sandro in the starting line up

Comment

Originally posted by haddockandbloater View Post
              Agreed.

I just don't get the obsession with selecting to start with Zamora ahead of Vargas or Zarate.

Also selecting Hoilett was a complete waste of a team place. I really wish Ramsey would have preferred to start with
              Sandro Henry
              Vargas Zarate Phillips
              Austin

Although Arsenal only scored after Sandro went off just before the hour mark.

Comment

Was given a 1yr deal as he scored THAT goal… otherwise done nothing last season and wouldn't be playing premier league football this season.

Also didn't know he could last 90mins

Comment

Zamora really is an enigma. I really dont know whether he is lazy or what.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    Zamora really is an enigma. I really dont know whether he is lazy or what.
                    He's not lazy. He just not mobile atal, pumping it up to him had worked about twice the rest of the time it's been cack. Needs changing against spurs, Vargas or Zarate.

Comment

Working...
                    X