We were going down under Harold..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were going down under Harold..

..and his top flight record of 11 away games without a point really fxxcked us. For this reason, I'm prepared to cut Chris Ramsey plenty of slack. He inherited a team that was low on confidence, lacking in direction and with no apparent game plan, certainly no plan B, who played terribly away. You can't turn this kind of situation around in a few games. Nevertheless, I thought, certainly first half, we looked good against a really top class side; we were in their faces, disrupted their attempt to play their game and gave them plenty of scares. To go in 0-0 half time was an achievement in itself I thought.

CR has also inherited a team with only one proven striker - a situation that has haunted us for 2 years, and again, it's hard to remedy this. He's also been unlucky with injuries - Leroy Fer in particular. We really miss him. Plus J. Barton esq. red card, meant he had no choice but to play Sandro from the start, though he clearly lacks match fitness. Those elements cost us last night, since he really had only Kranjcar to call on when Sandro inevitably tired.

As has been said elsewhere, his unwillingness to play Vargas is a bit of a mystery, but perhaps having to sub Nedum forced his hand, in that he only had 2 subs left and he probably knew Sandro would be next. And Hoilett was a shoo-in not to last as well. Had Nedum not gone off, we may well have seen Vargas or Zarate. Either way, I enjoyed watching us play, we gave it a real good go, and that's all we can ask at this point.

If Chris Ramsey can take a relegation bound team and keep us up, it will be quite a feat. That's why I don't think we should place the burden of expectation on his shoulders, but give him our support, because he feels like a breath of fresh air after the staleness of our last incumbent. Let's see what happens. It's still all to play for.

I personally don't think we strengthened well enough from the start.

Not sure where Vargas, Zarate or Isla were last night - Shame really.

Comment

Well Isla came on in the 73rd for Hoilett, and looked good there I thought, apart from the looping cross at the end when we were pushing for an equaliser.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        ..and his top flight record of 11 away games without a point really fxxcked us. For this reason, I'm prepared to cut Chris Ramsey plenty of slack. He inherited a team that was low on confidence, lacking in direction and with no apparent game plan, certainly no plan B, who played terribly away. You can't turn this kind of situation around in a few games. Nevertheless, I thought, certainly first half, we looked good against a really top class side; we were in their faces, disrupted their attempt to play their game and gave them plenty of scares. To go in 0-0 half time was an achievement in itself I thought.

CR has also inherited a team with only one proven striker - a situation that has haunted us for 2 years, and again, it's hard to remedy this. He's also been unlucky with injuries - Leroy Fer in particular. We really miss him. Plus J. Barton esq. red card, meant he had no choice but to play Sandro from the start, though he clearly lacks match fitness. Those elements cost us last night, since he really had only Kranjcar to call on when Sandro inevitably tired.

As has been said elsewhere, his unwillingness to play Vargas is a bit of a mystery, but perhaps having to sub Nedum forced his hand, in that he only had 2 subs left and he probably knew Sandro would be next. And Hoilett was a shoo-in not to last as well. Had Nedum not gone off, we may well have seen Vargas or Zarate. Either way, I enjoyed watching us play, we gave it a real good go, and that's all we can ask at this point.

If Chris Ramsey can take a relegation bound team and keep us up, it will be quite a feat. That's why I don't think we should place the burden of expectation on his shoulders, but give him our support, because he feels like a breath of fresh air after the staleness of our last incumbent. Let's see what happens. It's still all to play for.
        I agree with much of this, but Ramsey should not have started with Onuoha if he wasn't able to play the whole game (unless taking him off was an unrelated reason). If he had selected Ferdinand he would have been able to make an attacking substitution to replace Zamora.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          I agree with much of this, but Ramsey should not have started with Onuoha if he wasn't able to play the whole game (unless taking him off was an unrelated reason). If he had selected Ferdinand he would have been able to make an attacking substitution to replace Zamora.
          Ned came off cos of

Comment

Did you actually go? Jeeeez

Comment

Agree with a large part of this, Sandro must have asked to come off as that and Neds injury were the game changers.
              From the Hills of Kerry
              To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Played well in the first half and neds injury plus sandro going off defo changed things for the worst but as soon as arsenal came out of second gear we looked very poor-game of two halfs and that will have to change if we stand any chance of staying up.
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

From what I saw on a bad stream, Nedum and Sandra looked quality. When Hill and Cranjkar came on it was only a question of when Arsenal were going to score. The fact Ramsey left Isla out of the team against his team mate at Chile; Sanches, amazes me,though. Anyway; make no mistake I like Ramsey and I assume he acted the way he did according to a set game plan. With Harry that was not always the case,imo...

Bottomline; I would love him to get a chance to lead us in the championship.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    From what I saw on a bad stream, Nedum and Sandra looked quality. When Hill and Cranjkar came on it was only a question of when Arsenal were going to score. The fact Ramsey left Isla out of the team against his team mate at Chile; Sanches, amazes me,though. Anyway; make no mistake I like Ramsey and I assume he acted the way he did according to a set game plan. With Harry that was not always the case,imo...

Bottomline; I would love him to get a chance to lead us in the championship.
                    Not Clint - thought he had a good game. Niko on the other hand was woeful.

Agree on everything else - especially Isla v Sanchez

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Not Clint - thought he had a good game. Niko on the other hand was woeful.

Agree on everything else - especially Isla v Sanchez
                      That was a bit odd, but I think Ramsey found it Psycologically difficult to not give Furlong a second chance
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Ned has been covered by others and he was having a real good half too. If he had picked Ferdinand - what the same one that was under the weather and out of contention?

And Merry, Sandro was only ever going to play 60 mins max. From what Ramsey said in his presser, it was always the intention to get minutes under his belt without pushing it and risking further injury. The odd thing is Sandro needed bench cover, and by the change, it is implied that Nico was the only real option. I would be asking the manager why Dougherty was not there for cover - perhaps he has a knock too. The other choice for me would have been Isla but as a like for like replacement, Nico was never the answer. As I said on an earlier thread, the primary blame for me is Barton getting suspended for such a pathetic red card
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                        X