Charlie Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Austin

This boy played like he was Messi today. Outstanding performance and has grown so much since Ramsey came in. He held up the ball fantastically, dribbled brilliantly, his passing was better than in the past. I really hope, even if it is just for 3 or 4 matches, we get to see him and Fer playing together with this sort of flair and delivery from Matt Phillips.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Think he might of got himself his first cap for one of the friendlies tonight. I saw hodgson there tonight. Wouldnt be surprised whatsoever if he gets a 'token' call up.

Comment

Messi?

Put in a very good shift tonight. Fantastic goal & could of had a brace.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Think he might of got himself his first cap for one of the friendlies tonight. I saw hodgson there tonight. Wouldnt be surprised whatsoever if he gets a 'token' call up.
        Roy was there to watch Green i reckon..

Comment

My personal opinion is that charlie just keeps Hadding a few more million every time he plays
          You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
            Bet he was there to watch a gooner cos we aint fashionable enough and are championship bound, but saying that i would not be surprised if green got recalled as second or third choice keeper after the season hes had, cos england aint exactly blessed in the keeper department.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Bet he was there to watch a gooner cos we aint fashionable enough and are championship bound, but saying that i would not be surprised if green got recalled as second or third choice keeper after the season hes had, cos england aint exactly blessed in the keeper department.
              Better than Foster and Forster anyway

Comment

Fraser Forster streets ahead of Green imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post

Reckon Jimmy? I would put Green ahead of him but then i am biased :-)

Comment

Not at the moment IMO. Green has had too good a season to be overlooked.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Not disagreeing but it could be Arguable, but hes deffo better than that knobber foster. He was so sh it last night and handed villa three points on a plate.

Comment

Messi?

Put in a very good shift tonight. Fantastic goal & could of had a brace.
                        Messi...Quality

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                          This. The only top quality premiership player in our squad. Austin played like Messi?? FFS. I've never read such rubbish on here. Worst post ever. And what a prize that is given the s hit I've posted.

Comment

Roy being there brings out the best in Charlie. Was there for the City game too and he had the ball in the net 3 times in the first half hour.

Comment

Ok just to confirm to the naysayers, I meant that in terms of how he played and what he offered the team, it was very much in that vein of winning the ball deep and hoplding it well, dribbling well. He wasn't at that level obviously ffs. but he looked really dangerous all game and he will be key for us, more so than any other player in the league will be for their team.

Comment

Working...
                              X