Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 wins from the remaining fixtures. will be an achievement to match 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That penalty and last kick winner last night was our 'Norwich' moment, mark my words. :

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
      If we had Redknapp doing the home games and Ramsey the away games since the start of the season I think we would certainly be safe by now give or take a few points.

Everton, WBA, Villa, WHU become pressure games which make it all the harder to get a result. I like the look of our last two games, hopefully we can give ourselves a chance going into them. Even better would be if we get 6 points from our last two games we guarantee safety.

The other issue is a number of our rivals have to play each other still, like Hull-Sunderland last night, so some weeks it will be impossible for all the teams around us to get no points. We only have Leicester really as Palace and WBA are probably safe now.
      You know that those teams have played 2 more games than us.
      We have 2 home games to make that number even.
      So IF we get 4 points out of them - in your words we probably be save come Saturday - I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        Under Ramsey, of course we will be looking to win those games, as they did at Hull, but the reality is that as in the latter game, it won't go according to our plan...it's the QPR way.
        I dunno, winning 5 on the bounce at home in 2012 wasn't the "QPR way" either. More often than not this season when we've needed a result we've pulled one out of the bag. This won't come down to who is the best team at this point (all the sides down there are much of a muchness), but rather who can hold their nerve the longest - this may be the only scenario were our relatively aging squad could be a bonus.
        Last edited by surrey_hoop; 04-03-2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

I think Palace and WBA have 8 points on us and are in better form that's why I think there safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
            I think Palace and WBA have 8 points on us and are in better form that's why I think there safe.
            Agreed. Both of those sides are safe as houses.

Comment

4 horse race - QPR, Leicester, Burnley and Villa IMO

Comment

So how is Arsenal going to tackle this game. What will be on their mind?
                They are 95% out of Champions League and facing ManU away this weekend in the FA cup
                I can see at least a draw

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                  Agreed. Both of those sides are safe as houses.
                  Yes, because the Boards there took action to sack under achieving managers and appoint those that can do the job better. QPR could and should have sacked Redkrapp before Christmas and appointed Pulis.

If QPR stay up I will donate a minimum of £150 to the 'QPR in the Community Trust'.

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                    So how is Arsenal going to tackle this game. What will be on their mind?
                    They are 95% out of Champions League and facing ManU away this weekend in the FA cup
                    I can see at least a draw
                    They will go all out to win to cement their Champions League qualification place.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      4 horse race - QPR, Leicester, Burnley and Villa IMO
                      Six horse. Yours plus Hull and Sunderland.

Comment

Don't rule out Everton, they are "doing the norwich swallow dive of the mid nineties" and dropping like a lead balloon

Comment

Beat
                          Spurs, West Ham, Everton Newcastle

Draw
                          Palace, Villa, Leicester

And we will stay up

Comment

It cracks me up when people look at fixtures and say no chance of winning 5 out of 13 or whatever it is..... yeah like footballs so predictable, hence we all win fortunes betting on results.

Loads of potential twists and turns, unexpected points gained and equally others lost. Teams in Europe may have other focus in and around games with us and even rest players, City's game with us 3rd from the end could be all or bust for them in their title challenge to add extra pressure etc, plus the likes of Everton who we have in a few weeks at home are stuggling to get away from the relegation pack, and the more that continues the more pressure they will be feeling.

Also teams like Palace and West Brom who have had a bit of an improvement could just as easilly go on a slump.

As to whether there are 5 winnable games, yes there are at least 5m in fact every game is winnable, whether you think it lilkely or not.

Comment

Exactly - non predictable sport
                              Only one win could even save us - with drawing the rest = 36 points

Comment

All brilliant stuff lads and thoroughly true of course, but you forget one thing , and one massive thing, and that is we are qpr.

Comment

Working...
                                X