Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it better for us to go down and re-build, or try and stay up and strengthen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before we won the Championship (with Warnock as manager), I thought that we would never go back up to the Premier league.
    I don't want us to go down, in case it takes another 15 years to come back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunkyfenwick View Post
      Before we won the Championship (with Warnock as manager), I thought that we would never go back up to the Premier league.
      I don't want us to go down, in case it takes another 15 years to come back up.
      Exactly, and that's why I say some people have poor memories. Some of those years were truly dire.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Stay up, obviously.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
          Exactly, and that's why I say some people have poor memories. Some of those years were truly dire.
          The majority of my QPR supporting memories are from that 15 year era.

Honestly, I'm still occasionally shocked today when a crossfield ball gets controlled successfully by one of our players. Throughout my teen years, whenever something like that was attempted, it would always - ALWAYS - go for an opposition throw.

Never again, please!!!

Comment

Don't understand this champs love-in. People have got short memories. How many good seasons did we have in it?

I want to see my team playing at the highest level. It's not about being star struck at the big name players we play against. It's about beating those expensive nancy boys. Much prefer it when we beat the likes of Chelsea or Arsenal than Blackburn or Leeds.
            It's quite simply a more interesting Division Richard - not to mention one that we, and everybody else, has a chance of winning. In the Boring Premier League it is the same frigging teams at the top every single year and it has been won about half the time by ONE team! Competitively, the BPL is a waste of time.

From a purely QPR perspective, the best season in RECENT memory for me (say the last 20 years) is the one where we unexpectedly won the Championship. Our three Premier League campaigns since then pale in comparison to that fantastic season.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I agree and reminded people months ago how dire those seasons were.

Some thought it better to be down there, but apart from the 2 Warnock and Redknapp seasons, QPR were struggling in and around the bottom 8 and narrowly avoided relegation on about 4 of those seasons. As far as I can recall, apart from the 2 promotions they only finished in the top half 3 times.
              So my message is get real, if QPR go down this season they likelihood is they will stay down there or lower for many years to come.

Comment

Working...
              X