Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it better for us to go down and re-build, or try and stay up and strengthen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it better for us to go down and re-build, or try and stay up and strengthen?

There's been some division on this over the season. Staying up means having the prem money and strengthening.

Going down means parachute money, and probably losing nearly all our major players. Good managers are difficult to come by and hold on to. Rebuilding in the champ can sometimes affect promotion momentum for a few seasons. Too many good young players and you can lose them to bigger clubs in transfer windows. First seasons in Prem can be a nightmare as we know too well from looking at recent promoted clubs.
    Go down and re-build
    5.08%
    Try and stay up and strengthen
    94.92%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Olly; 02-03-2015, 01:09 PM.

To stay up wouldn't do any harm as long they don't spend big money and hand out long contracts the longer they stay there the wealthier they become .
    They can still carry on building for future

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      To stay up wouldn't do any harm as long they don't spend big money and hand out long contracts the longer they stay there the wealthier they become .
      They can still carry on building for future
      Agree with you and the plus side is players on big wages and contracts come to end this summer, this should help us reduce our outgoing.

Comment

Never want to go backwards to go forwards and a non egotistical manager like Ramsey could rebuild us whilst we are still in the top flight!

Comment

going down is a nono. Its not easy to get back remember!!

Comment

I love the Championship but we have to stay up for the financial rewards that can propel the club to a hopefully stable and competitive, future in the top division.

Comment

Absolute no brainer. The owners won't bail us out time and time again and it's not as simple as people think to just come back up.

To achieve what our owners want off and on the pitch and us as fans having a profitable club playing in the best and most lucrative league in the world then remaining in this division is the only answer.

Comment

Never good to go down should always try to fight from a position of strenght, always look to go forward as someone said earlier, the Championship is fun more regular saturdays, but beleive me the Prem is the place to be especially with the new T.V. deal about to land and if our board have learnt anything from their mistakes over the last few years hopefully this would but the club in good stead going forward

Comment

Putting it in gentleman's terms ...."It's good to get em in the taxi and home. Get em up stairs and on the bed, ....but tis best imo to go down early and once only......rest of the time stay up"!
                  We've bin down once....

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                    Absolute no brainer. The owners won't bail us out time and time again and it's not as simple as people think to just come back up.

To achieve what our owners want off and on the pitch and us as fans having a profitable club playing in the best and most lucrative league in the world then remaining in this division is the only answer.
                    I thoroughly agree.

Anyone voting for going down is deluding themselves if they think it will be easy to build and come back up. Not many clubs go down and come straight back up.
                    Look at Leeds, Ipswich, Derby Middlesbrough, Coventry and the Sheffield clubs as some examples of relegated clubs. If Anything QPR are more likely to be another Portsmouth or if lucky, Birmingham.

Alternatively, they like the Championship and League 1 football as it is 'real football'.

If QPR can stay up this season, they can rebuild after the big wage players' contracts begin to expire, starting with Barton & SWP.

It already seems as if the attitude from the Board has changed to recruiting young cheap, hungry players to improve and sell on (much as it was in the 80s and 90s), rather than spend on the already there players, who in some cases are well beyond having any resale value or just can't be asked to put in the effort, having tasted success and or have earned enough money to want to work for it anymore.

Comment

Go down and rebuild is not the end of the world. If we cannot financially sustain the club to play in the Premiership with the big boys then we are better off playing in a lower league. Dont care what league we play in myself. Maybe next time the owners could start with the foundations of the club and get the basics in place? Stay up or go down not bothered. Dislike the glitzy non competitive premier league anyway so Championship or League 1 makes no difference to me as a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                        Go down and rebuild is not the end of the world. If we cannot financially sustain the club to play in the Premiership with the big boys then we are better off playing in a lower league. Dont care what league we play in myself. Maybe next time the owners could start with the foundations of the club and get the basics in place? Stay up or go down not bothered. Dislike the glitzy non competitive premier league anyway so Championship or League 1 makes no difference to me as a fan.
                        I can see your vote V.

Comment

To be fair this is a much better question than the idiots who just say they rather us go down and compete in the Championship because that's all we are good for. It benefited West Brom by keeping getting relegated and then going back up. I think there will be fans who would rather us go down and rebuild if its an absolute guarantee that we come straight back up, but unfortunately there are no guarantees so I rather us stay up. Plus it does look like we are learning from our mistakes so think if we stay up I do believe we will get better.
                          'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            I can see your vote V.

Theres always one....just makes no difference to me whether we are playing the Manchester United's of this world or the Accrington Stanley's. Still turn up and still want to win just as much. Might even win a few more in a league we can actually compete in.

Comment

The thing about relegation is will we become a selling club if we can't get back up? Stay up and we have more chance of holding onto decent youngsters coming through the academy.

Comment

Working...
                              X