Carry On Tony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carry On Tony

I like the bloke, he has a good heart, and is generally a good talker, but think he's one those people that just hasn't done his homework/apprenteriship whatever you want to call in his field - in short there's a mindblowing lack of common sense on players, managers, youth etc. He's a loveable blower/mug/buffoon-type where if you stick him in a corner where brightly coloured objects hang from the sky, he'll tweet how happy he is about it (a lot) - no harm done, just don't let him near anything important or expensive. Our general framework as a club sucks, and I know for a fact that Darnell Furlong, who was excellent on his debut against Hull, is out of contract in July. How can you let that happen? He's then making a prat of himself talking about dream managers to the entire world. What Chairman with any kind of decorum or common sense starts mouthing off before the deal is done? Think over the years, Tony's pants haven't been pulled down as such, more they are permanently around his ankles, whilst he wears a Comic Relief nose and poses for photos in a bathtub full of baked beans, with the dead cast members of Carry On Camping. Other than that, love the bloke. Cue Barbara Windsor getting her baps out whilst signing a 25 year deal to be our new right back/club shop match day assistant/CEO. Carry on Tony...

He's learning on the job. As the club progresses..so will he as a football chairman. 10 years from now we'll finally have some proper structure, new training ground and stadium and a wiser chairman in Tony Fernandes who actually cares about the club and its fans. We'll all be grateful then.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

How can TF be at fault for not tying Furlong Jr into a contract, when the lad hadn't even played a first team game before?

I expect if he had and the young man's debut had been on par with a Jordon Mutch performance, then he wuld have been blamed for that too.

Comment

So we have a precocious talent in our ranks, whether he's made his debut or not, and we don't tie him down with a decent-term contract? Managers come and go. In Harry we had a manager that cared very little for youth. So we just sack youth off yeah? No. That's where Tony's cronies steps in, ie Tony.
        Last edited by Ron Ranger; 26-02-2015, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Don't get me wrong I like Tony a lot. I just need him to be more, I don't know 'dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge' I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ranger View Post
            So we have a precocious talent in our ranks, whether he's made his debut or not, and we don't tie him down with a decent-term contract? Managers come and go. In Harry we had a manager that cared very little for youth. So we just sack youth off yeah? No. That's where Tony's cronies steps in, ie Tony.
            I think some people are very confused about the Job Descriptions for the people who run a football club. "Identify talent and sign the good'uns to long term contracts". Does anybody REALLY think this is in the Chairman's Job Description? He provides the cash for the contract. The people who work for him identify the players who should be given those contracts. This is not complicated folks.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

"Think over the years, Tony's pants haven't been pulled down as such, more they are permanently around his ankles"

i like that.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                I think some people are very confused about the Job Descriptions for the people who run a football club. "Identify talent and sign the good'uns to long term contracts". Does anybody REALLY think this is in the Chairman's Job Description? He provides the cash for the contract. The people who work for him identify the players who should be given those contracts. This is not complicated folks.
                Exactly this. I'm sure some people think Tony is responsible for everything when it's the manager/coaches/CEO/DOF whose remit things fall under.

Next up: Tony to blame for the half time oranges not being cut properly

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ranger View Post
                  Tony's pants haven't been pulled down as such, more they are permanently around his ankles
                  Spot on Ron...

Comment

Title needs changing to 'Carry On Tony Bashing'. Cos thats all it is.

Comment

Why do people think Furlong wanted to sign?
                      When Redcrap was here no youth would have wanted to stay.
                      Now the club should talk to him as he thinks he CAN break into the team.
                      Redcrap should have given some youngsters the feel of first team with the odd outings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Yep. But boring now to be honest. He's sacked Harry, sacked Beard, got in a management team with a clear focus on youth, stopped spending silly money on agony players and there's movement on the ground and training facilities. Nothing for people to moan about so let's bring up stuff that happened years ago

Comment

Well done run...you have silently sat here for 4 years and finally decide to start posting on here and low and behold its to cane tf. If you had been reading this site you would have noticed everything you have bothered to share with us has been done to death a thousand times before. Just think if you had the nuts to explain the wisdom of your words all those years ago you could have been a leader instead of a sheep. Anyway enjoy yr bleat.....oh and carry on runny.
                          Last edited by bushcelt1; 26-02-2015, 10:27 AM.
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

This is a bit funny to be honest. People complained when there was something to complain about and that was fine, it brought about positive discussion on here. This though, is just silly and without real need other than the need to complain for no reason at all.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Relentless isn't it Kev!

New poster as well. Hmmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X