Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting from USA

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be in London for work for a month, and I want to go to Loftus Road for a game (either Arsenal or Everton or both). I've been following the club for 2 years now, after being introduced to them by a friend who is a big supporter, and occasionally lurk on the forum.

I've never been to a game before, or London for that matter.

I wanted to know if any of you had suggestions about getting tickets, where to sit, pubs to go before the game, game day traditions, how to get there etc.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I've got 2 for both games 500 quid each..so £2000 in all..... I'll need 50% deposit up front paid tomorrow into my account....

Comment

There are no tail gate parties Boston!

Best to buy your tickets as far in advance as possible - either online or by phoning the box office. I'd suggest you also buy a "ticket" membership for 20 quid at the same time as you buy your match ticket - it costs 20 quid but then you get 5 quid off the ticket price and can buy in the members pre-sale, which means you get a much better seat.

You get a decent view from the South Africa Road stand; try to sit in Block F or G rather than Block A or B, as Blocks F and G are at the Loft end of the stadium (our end); and make sure your ticket is not "restricted view" as there are a lot of bl00dy pillars holding up the roof. Or, if you want to be in the "singing section" but with a poorer view of the match, go for Block R or perhaps Block S.

If you want to go for a pre-match pint, one of the locals could steer you in the right direction. For a post match pint (if that is an option) I'd recommend the Crown and Sceptre on Melina Road. Gator (Carl) and I had a great time there after Wembley. It's about a half mile walk or so. I'll let you look it up on Google. Other than that, there are no pre-match traditions that I'm aware of. You might want to get there a bit early (an hour or more before KO) to have a gander in the club shop.

If you get off the tube at Shepherd's Bush (Central Line - red on the maps) rather than White City it is a very nice walk up to the ground and there are lots of pubs and places to eat on your way up. I'm guessing it's about a mile and a half if you go that way.

Oh, and go to both matches if you can!
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Just noticed that Arsenal is on General Sale already, so you have missed the members pre-sale. Better buy your ticket right away, if you want to go to that one. It will sell out fast. I'd say phone the box office first thing - 9am UK time in the morning. http://www.qpr.co.uk/tickets/information/opening/
        The Sections I suggested are already sold out - I'd say just go for Block B in South Africa Road if you can get it, or failing that Block A.

Members pre-sale for Everton begins on 3rd March at 10am (UK time of course):
        http://www.qpr.co.uk/tickets/information/on-sale-dates/
        Last edited by dsqpr; 25-02-2015, 11:25 PM.
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

And ignore the sarcastic replies. Some on here seem to mistake that for humour.

Comment

General sale for Arsenal and Tottenham is restricted to fans who have been registered with the QPR ticket database prior to February 9th, (presumably to prevent Arsenal and Spurs fans snatching up the tickets) so even if you buy a membership now, you may be out of luck. Wouldn't hurt to call the box office though. Everton game won't have that restriction but don't think those tickets are on sale yet.

On a related note, I'll be in W12 next week for both games. Hoping we can get a result though, I haven't seen QPR win in any of the five games I've been to before. Come on you R's!

Comment

bostonknight............I am Boston in the daylight, call the box office explain you have no connection with the club except for the fact that some character from London persuaded you that low blood pressure was not an option and you were in need of a racing pulse followed by rapid depression. They will accommodate a single ticket request for Americano's immediately..I hope you're not expecting leg room or a cup holder.
              Oh, for a beer, the White Hart, full of jovial humanitarians and surrounded for lovely health food emporiums.
              Perleeese, I'd appreciate a follow up, I'm in Milton, Murderpan Square side, where are you and your tea tax avoiding buddy out of?

Comment

oh yeah, there's a few of us dotted around the Hub.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                  And ignore the sarcastic replies. Some on here seem to mistake that for humour.
                  Would be nice if people helped overseas r's that come on asking questions instead of trying to rip the pissh out of them to be fair.
                  Maybe thats the answer to stanleys question why this forum gets more than any other trolls coming on having a go.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonknight11 View Post
                    Hi everyone,

I'm going to be in London for work for a month, and I want to go to Loftus Road for a game (either Arsenal or Everton or both). I've been following the club for 2 years now, after being introduced to them by a friend who is a big supporter, and occasionally lurk on the forum.

I've never been to a game before, or London for that matter.

I wanted to know if any of you had suggestions about getting tickets, where to sit, pubs to go before the game, game day traditions, how to get there etc.

Thanks in advance for the help!
                    testing times to hop on WATRB mate. some troll has been on giving us y a nks a bad name. luckily it was found out he was some dullard from fulham.
                    as has been mentioned in posts above, it'll be wicked hahhhd to get tickets for arsenal, due to restrictions to keep gloryhunting gooners out of the home stands. other posters wont like me mentioning this but check out viagogo (like american site stubhub). chances are though prices on there will be murder, so my mention wont be that helpful anyway.
                    as for seating, im gonna have to disagree with dsqpr and say to sit in the loft or on ellersie near the loft (so R block or maybe S). The view is better elsewhere, but to blood you in to rangers its best to have a seat there and get your pulse racing and a bit of a song on.
                    for pubs id also add the coningham arms or queen adelaide. if youll be in for a proper meal, the greek place vine leaves taverna is well good. go for the mini meze which is a sampler of everything on the menu. theres always families of Rs in there before game time so no worries.

as I mentioned at the start, keep your comments in check and dont say anything stupid to embarass americans. quite a few xenophobes on here.
                    enjoy your day out mate
                    Rangers Til I Die
                    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Would be nice if people helped overseas r's that come on asking questions instead of trying to rip the pissh out of them to be fair.
                      Maybe thats the answer to stanleys question why this forum gets more than any other trolls coming on having a go.
                      to be fair we've had some right #####s posting on here Kev, British and not American I hasten to add.
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by BostonR View Post
                        bostonknight............I am Boston in the daylight, call the box office explain you have no connection with the club except for the fact that some character from London persuaded you that low blood pressure was not an option and you were in need of a racing pulse followed by rapid depression. They will accommodate a single ticket request for Americano's immediately..I hope you're not expecting leg room or a cup holder.
                        Oh, for a beer, the White Hart, full of jovial humanitarians and surrounded for lovely health food emporiums.
                        Perleeese, I'd appreciate a follow up, I'm in Milton, Murderpan Square side, where are you and your tea tax avoiding buddy out of?
                        Would that actually work? Not sure if you're serious or not haha

I am in Brighton, Cleveland Circle area. So is my buddy who led me into this QPR lifestyle. 10am games on NBCSports aren't a bad way to pass a hangover though.

Also, I actually might be able to make the Everton game too. Would that be restricted to members as well, or the restrictions in place only for games against other London teams?

Comment

Originally posted by bostonknight11 View Post
                          Also, I actually might be able to make the Everton game too.
                          I meant Tottenham, not Everton

Comment

Everton tickets go on sale soon I think

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Funny thing I've noticed though....call me cynical ...(most on here call me worse).....but we seem to have an influx of QPR fans joining this board, seemingly from abroad
                              just before Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs games etc.....Chels coming up will prob be another

Comment

Working...
                              X