Great save from Greeno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great save from Greeno

Ok, I've watched it a dozen times now as I needed a break from sticking pins in my eyes, and I still can't understand the dying swan routine that Greeno performed when the ball came back in following his unbelievable save. Where WAS he going? Those few seconds summed up Greeno for me......can be amazing, can be sheet.

Made the right decision with the dive. N'doye wasn't looking like a danger, the ball was aimed far post and green went to stop it. At the last second, N'doye jumps and gets his head to it.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Made the right decision with the dive. N'doye wasn't looking like a danger, the ball was aimed far post and green went to stop it. At the last second, N'doye jumps and gets his head to it.
      Yep. Getting in front of Rio (his marker) for a free header. Far more Rio's fault than Green's.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Cant believe people are blaming Rio 100% Caulker for me he has the man in front of him can see his Run and the flight of the ball just does not react its that simple

As for Green at the game I thought he should have come and tried to punch the ball and taken everything out in front of him but having watched few replays im in two minds of that as the ball was whipped in at some pace so benefit of the doubt to him. The first save he pulled off was top draw as good as I have seen

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Cant believe people are blaming Rio 100% Caulker for me he has the man in front of him can see his Run and the flight of the ball just does not react its that simple

As for Green at the game I thought he should have come and tried to punch the ball and taken everything out in front of him but having watched few replays im in two minds of that as the ball was whipped in at some pace so benefit of the doubt to him. The first save he pulled off was top draw as good as I have seen
          The reason I don't personally blame caulker is because Rio has N'doye covered until right at the end and then pulls away. If you watch again, caulker is covering Abel Hernandez and only sees N'doye running across him as the ball is played. Rio was about half a metre off N'doye initially and ends up being 2 or 3 metres away. Hence why I blame Rio, but to be honest, it was a magnificent cross and a brilliantly timed header so I don't think anyone really is to blame.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I don't blame Green for the goal, he had about half a second to make a decision, maybe less and commit to it. Just a good cross to an unmarked player, if he had a chance to see it on 3 or 4 replays and slow motion he may of made a different decision.

Comment

Great cross in tbh. Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say class delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                How can you say the ball was aimed at the far post and NDoye wasnt a danger. For him to get a head on it closer to the near post clearly proves he was a danger ffs. It's not as if he jumped inexplicably high to meet it......

The fact Green has at times been exceptional shouldn't cause the blinkers to come on and ignore the obvious. I agree with the OP 100% and mentioned the same thing in another thread that he made a big error doing what he did as he was nowhere near where the ball and left an open goal gaping meaning Ndoye just had to get anything on it to redirect the ball. Given he was stretching to meet it he could only redirect it, not get any additional power on the header so if Green stayed put he would probably have had an easy save.

Dont get me wrong, i'm not blaming him for losing, it was one of those things and everyone's entitled to make a mistake now and again, and he moreso after some heroics so far this season, but im not going to say he did the right thing because that is quite frankly laughable.

Comment

Easier to save a good penalty than a cross/goal like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                    Easier to save a good penalty than a cross/goal like that.
                    Not if he vacated the goal first, which is effectively what he did leaving an unguarded net so any touch on the ball on target and it was a guaranteed goal. He committed himself and got nowhere near the ball whatsoever diving about 5 yards away from where it was headed in the hope it beat that man..... what was the point or need for that exactly?

Comment

Del, Watch the footage again and you will see it is going into greens hands up until n'doye makes the jump. That is it. He would have gotten to it before it got to the player behind.

Comment

There are so many factually inaccurate statements on this thread and Green, Ferdinand and Caulkers part it's frightening. They say most people who watch football have little idea how it's actually played and this board is a blinding advert for that comment. Pointless trying to debate, goal was combination of issues but Greens part was huge.

For the reasons above I'm out if here enjoy your educated debate.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                          There are so many factually inaccurate statements on this thread and Green, Ferdinand and Caulkers part it's frightening. They say most people who watch football have little idea how it's actually played and this board is a blinding advert for that comment. Pointless trying to debate, goal was combination of issues but Greens part was huge.

Here comes rob green's number one fan!

Comment

all goalies are great shot stoppers ,crosses and one on ones sorts out the men from the boys
                            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post

Err...? You would also be included in that demographic, unless you don't watch football? Maybe you just listen to it on the radio?

Comment

Working...
                              X