No announcement yet.

Austin upset with Barton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The red was stupidity in a situation where he was initially trying to protect a young debutant from the opposition. Intent admirable, delivery disastrous.....

However, with regards to the consecutive yellows, it really annoys me to hear people bang on about yellows and suggestions he's a liability as a result etc. In his position, sometimes you have to make a calculated decision and "take one for the team" based on the pending attack from the oppsition or circumstances you find yourself in. Therefore, you can't really judge players' temperament fairly on yellow cards, especially given different roles and responsibilities.

Comment

Blah blah blah, what does Austin know about football anyway?
      Only yesterday he claimed Green made probably the best save he has ever seen live.
      But I happen to know that those in football know it was nothing special because he didn't even have to move his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
        Blah blah blah, what does Austin know about football anyway?
        Only yesterday he claimed Green made probably the best save he has ever seen live.
        But I happen to know that those in football know it was nothing special because he didn't even have to move his feet.
        And undid the good work anyway by diving aimlessly nowhere near the ball, hoping the ball would come to him rather than standing tall in the goal for the pending header the bloke scored their winner from....

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          And undid the good work anyway by diving aimlessly nowhere near the ball, hoping the ball would come to him rather than standing tall in the goal for the pending header the bloke scored their winner from....
          I don't want to bring the photo again, but i will just state that N'doye was not primed for the header and the ball was aimed to the players behind green
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            Sorry Del, but you're wrong. Green went for the cross and there was nothing he could do.

Comment

Green is has been behind the sh1ttiest defence in the league, he has been a very busy boy, 3 players are keeping us in the prem with a shout Austin Green and Dunne, in that order, a busy boy like Green is going to make more errors and hero saves than most, and the strikers he is infront of, are world class to a man.

How anyone can whine about Green is beyond me.

Comment

Sorry Del, but you're wrong. Green went for the cross and there was nothing he could do.
                He went for a cross 5 yards behind the player who headed it into the middle of the now vacant goal.... Yeah good one.

It may be a split second decision, but how anyone can suggest he made the right one there is beyond me. He's been great no doubt, but that was an error.

You say there was nothing he could do.... How about staying in the goal and giving the striker someone to beat. As it happens the striker glanced it into the centre of the goal so it would've been an easy catch had he stayed put.
                Last edited by Del; 24-02-2015, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Manx Hoop View Post
                  Green is has been behind the sh1ttiest defence in the league, he has been a very busy boy, 3 players are keeping us in the prem with a shout Austin Green and Dunne, in that order, a busy boy like Green is going to make more errors and hero saves than most, and the strikers he is infront of, are world class to a man.

Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Yep - Ferdinands fault IMO - his man got in front of him for a free header - poor defending
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Manx Hoop View Post

Great post

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        Yep - Ferdinands fault IMO - his man got in front of him for a free header - poor defending
                        Fella was behind Anton, but in front of the woeful Caulker. CB errors, especially Caulker (two errors costing two goals...), not Green's. Great cross and finish. If Philips and Austin and conjured that we'd be praising them, not criticising the opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          Fella was behind Anton, but in front of the woeful Caulker. CB errors, especially Caulker (two errors costing two goals...), not Green's. Great cross and finish. If Philips and Austin and conjured that we'd be praising them, not criticising the opposition.
                          Not caulkers fault imo, Rio was marking N'doye right up until the cross was made and pulled away at the last second. Caulker was marking the other man and had to make a recovery run from a bad position. Gotta blame ferdinand for that all day
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            Yea can't argue with that. First goal have to amdit, whilst a pretty poor header for Caulker, I do find myself wondering who the hell was marking Jelavic?!

Comment

Working...
                            X