It's like a veil has been lifted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's like a veil has been lifted

The last couple of years, perhaps last few even, it has not been fun being an R. For the last couple in my view the main reason for that has been the overwhelming negativity 'Arry brought with him and club sticking with him when really should probably have got rid at end of his first season with us. The excuses, players, tactics. The football has been dire and there has been no real connection between the club and fans.

Even though we have lost to very late goals in two of the last three games things seem very different. TF seems to have realised there is no point trying to make the club into a big team overnight. We have had to pay overinflated packages to players coming in as they would rather be elsewhere. 'Arry has looked for most of the last two years like he has had little interest.

The treatment of our youngsters has been extremely disappointing. I had started to think they must be really, really bad and there was no immediate hope of anyone coming through anytime soon. Doughty has looked decent in his two sub games but had to wait until the was 22 for this debut with us which is shocking. Furlong had an impressive debut. We were in the Championship last season and at time were short of numbers and had some players out of sorts who needed benching. It is nothing short of disgraceful one or two of our youngsters didn't get a run of games.

I like the role TF has created for Sir Les and I like the fact it is Les in that role. The emphasis has changed entirely to our being a club that develops our own youth, buys hungry young players in and doesn't have to virtually beg players to join little old QPR. CR is full of drive and enthusiasm. The change in some of our players, Phillips an obvious example, has been great. Rio has had a couple of decent games and we have seen a hint of the player we hoped we had signed. He even plays players in their right positions! It really feels like we now have a plan and are building for the future. Some expensive mistakes but nothing we can do about that and it is done and gone.

Even if we go down, which I would say is 50/50, at least we can hopefully look forward with some hope and maybe some of CR's enthusiasm. No idea yet if he is the right man for the job longer term but has been a breath of fresh air so far.

I know we are still a not great Premiership side so have not been drinking or gone or delusional and think we are suddenly world beaters but at least I'm not almost dreading match day.

I appreciate most of the above has already been said by others but I am one of those who has spent much of the last two years moaning and feeling despondent and it feels so nice for those negative feelings to have gone.

great post, agree with most of the above.

Comment

Think a huge gap and a disassociation has been opened up between the club and fans over the last 3 or 4 years and going to take a bit longer than a couple of weeks to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
        Think a huge gap and a disassociation has been opened up between the club and fans over the last 3 or 4 years and going to take a bit longer than a couple of weeks to fix it.
        you may be right -but allow me to say "we've got our Rangers back!"- because that's how it feels at the moment.

Comment

good post OP, POSITIVE i had a couple of fellas sitting next to me at the game that moaned , moaned , moaned from start to finish

Comment

Ground hog day? Surely this sort of thing was being said on this very board when Hughes left and redknapp came in and even when we went down and TF said it may take a couple of season to get back up..but most on here were either a predicting a complete slide down the leagues or demanding a straight return to the prem.

We are still in that process from the season before last..we just got lucky at wembley and would like Derby are showing benefitted from another year in the championship

But hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Comment

Good post FF.

Yes things are slowly being done in the right way, but I still find it hard to accept that we allowed HR to continue failing for so long. Decisive action by us, much sooner and I don't think we would have had any trouble at all staying up this season.

Comment

Great post and it really,really hit me hard when " the new Rangers" with Ramsey and the youngsters in it lost so narrowly yesterday. No surprise, that one of our mercenaries Barton ruined the match for us and the youngsters especially.
                Last edited by Shania; 22-02-2015, 06:41 PM. Reason: no excuses. BAD spelling.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                  The last couple of years, perhaps last few even, it has not been fun being an R. For the last couple in my view the main reason for that has been the overwhelming negativity 'Arry brought with him and club sticking with him when really should probably have got rid at end of his first season with us. The excuses, players, tactics. The football has been dire and there has been no real connection between the club and fans.

Even though we have lost to very late goals in two of the last three games things seem very different. TF seems to have realised there is no point trying to make the club into a big team overnight. We have had to pay overinflated packages to players coming in as they would rather be elsewhere. 'Arry has looked for most of the last two years like he has had little interest.

The treatment of our youngsters has been extremely disappointing. I had started to think they must be really, really bad and there was no immediate hope of anyone coming through anytime soon. Doughty has looked decent in his two sub games but had to wait until the was 22 for this debut with us which is shocking. Furlong had an impressive debut. We were in the Championship last season and at time were short of numbers and had some players out of sorts who needed benching. It is nothing short of disgraceful one or two of our youngsters didn't get a run of games.

I like the role TF has created for Sir Les and I like the fact it is Les in that role. The emphasis has changed entirely to our being a club that develops our own youth, buys hungry young players in and doesn't have to virtually beg players to join little old QPR. CR is full of drive and enthusiasm. The change in some of our players, Phillips an obvious example, has been great. Rio has had a couple of decent games and we have seen a hint of the player we hoped we had signed. He even plays players in their right positions! It really feels like we now have a plan and are building for the future. Some expensive mistakes but nothing we can do about that and it is done and gone.

Even if we go down, which I would say is 50/50, at least we can hopefully look forward with some hope and maybe some of CR's enthusiasm. No idea yet if he is the right man for the job longer term but has been a breath of fresh air so far.

I know we are still a not great Premiership side so have not been drinking or gone or delusional and think we are suddenly world beaters but at least I'm not almost dreading match day.

I appreciate most of the above has already been said by others but I am one of those who has spent much of the last two years moaning and feeling despondent and it feels so nice for those negative feelings to have gone.
                  Hr was he ever interested

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    Good post FF.

Yes things are slowly being done in the right way, but I still find it hard to accept that we allowed HR to continue failing for so long. Decisive action by us, much sooner and I don't think we would have had any trouble at all staying up this season.
                    That muppet should of gone the Christmas before last

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Good post

Comment

H
                        Originally posted by 3London View Post
                        Ground hog day? Surely this sort of thing was being said on this very board when Hughes left and redknapp came in and even when we went down and TF said it may take a couple of season to get back up..but most on here were either a predicting a complete slide down the leagues or demanding a straight return to the prem.

We are still in that process from the season before last..we just got lucky at wembley and would like Derby are showing benefitted from another year in the championship

But hindsight is a wonderful thing!
                        Not at all, if giving youth a chance is called ground hog day then bring it on!
                        Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          That muppet should of gone the Christmas before last
                          I think by putting the transfer policy in place they hoped he would walk, but the snake oil salesman thought that the board would give in, right up to the last minute.

The moment he saw the game was really up, he grabbed up his suitcases and scarpered before the plod felt his collar,
                          Kept the faith!

Comment

Great OP. I too am once again looking forward to match days. Under HR I was just dreading them.

I also agree that our chances of staying up are about 50/50, which isn't that bad considering the boat anchor we have been dragging for the first half of the season. We have a few more very big away matches where we are going to need a result of some kind. Another win away and a couple of wins at home, along with a bunch of draws, and we should be in with a chance come May.
                            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                            X