Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought we started very direct again yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought we started very direct again yesterday.

The barton sending off obviously changed the way we had to play but for the time on the pitch we had with 11 I thought we were pretty poor and didn't do any of the stuff that we did well against Sunderland.

There wasn't much pressure on hull.

Seemed very direct and long ball.

Even goal kicks, last two games we have tried to keep the ball, this game just long.

Not sure whether it's becuase we played zamora and austin together but I prefer us when we play on the floor. I have to say I was a little shocked that we played 442 as we have looked better with a link up man behind the front man.

Worried that injuries/ suspensions will cost us. They are racking up now.

Dunne
    Isla
    Ned
    Sandro
    Barton
    Fer
    Faurlin

Hopefully get 2/3 of them back soon but we are running out of games.

Had Barton not been a t it we would have got a point yesterday in my opinion

Comment

If Zamora starts we always play long ball and direct

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
        If Zamora starts we always play long ball and direct
        Didn't at Sunderland, V. Only when him and Charlie are up front together. Then in 4231 Bob had three players directly behind him whom he could play off and who could play around him.

Comment

I think you have to assume Ramsey is still trying things out. FWIW before the game I had this down as a loss, so I wasn't quite as upset as some on here who thought we would actually win the game. The number of points we need to stay up this season is likely to be meagre, and amazingly, we're still out of the bottom 3. We have no choice but to trust Ramsey will get it right enough to garner to 10 points or so we'll probably need.

I do agree though, I was very surprised by 4-4-2. My guess is he thought that would be even more attacking then the 4-5-1 we played versus Sunderland, but clearly it didn't work out like that. What I am concerned about is that Adel didn't even make the bench. With Fer injured I thought this would be the perfect time to make his mark. No idea what's going on there. And one other thing, the ref yesterday was a total cant. 4 yellows and a red for us, not a single card for Hull.

Comment

ramsey has'nt had the chance to field the same XI yet. sunderland Fer was the guy who made things happen. Playing bobby really limits our game plans. Ideally we'll start to play 1 behind the striker and have phillips whipping in crosses.
            Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
            Lovejoy: "No?!"
            Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

With 442 we have to play long balls because there's too acres space between our strikers & Henry/Barton, neither of whom can really play a killer pass. Against Sunderland the 4231 worked but sadly I think Fer was instrumental in that, linked play well and his athleticism/energy helped when we didn't have the ball.

would like to see Taarabt given a run out as our #10 but I'm not betting on it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Agree
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  An interesting thought:

Playing eleven against eleven for 30 mins, with Barton in the team, we lost 1-0.
                  Removing Barton and playing ten against eleven for 60 mins, we drew 1-1.
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                  X