Zarate over Vargas yet again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zarate over Vargas yet again!

I'm really happy with Ramsey so far except his continued failure to involve Vargas in any capacity.

More concerning considering he's been one of our best players all season and now he's being overlooked for Zarate who offers nothing to the team as he's clearly just playing for himself, yet again, as is the case with many short term loans.

I'm sure Ramsey knows more about what's going on than we do. We don't know anything so I am not sure how we can pass judgement on team selections.

Comment

Not sure. Both players are loans. Zarate needs to learn when to pass the ball for sure. Vargas... who knows? It'd be good to see him playing in his best position.

Ramsey seems to be giving people a chance. Not too sure that I would read too much into him not selecting Vargiiiie, we have so many number 10s

Comment

Zarate would start in any team I picked. I thought him very lively when he came on. Would play him up by himself in or playing behind Charlie or Bobby in 4231.

Comment

I'd rather have Vargas or Zarate any day over Zamora. They both have more skill and are both more of a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            Zarate would start in any team I picked. I thought him very lively when he came on. Would play him up by himself in or playing behind Charlie or Bobby in 4231.
            Looks a greedy w-anchor to me. Just runs until he has nowhere to go and he shoots into the stands. Personally have Vargas over him all day long .
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
              I'm really happy with Ramsey so far except his continued failure to involve Vargas in any capacity.

More concerning considering he's been one of our best players all season and now he's being overlooked for Zarate who offers nothing to the team as he's clearly just playing for himself, yet again, as is the case with many short term loans.
              Has he though?

For me, Vargas has been totally anonymous since the birth of his child!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                Has he though?

Most of our players have been anonymous all season. I think vargas has always been lively. Most frustrating thing is we've not played him up front where he scores for fun in a top international side, its ludicrous.

To put it in perspective, his international goal ratio is slightly better than Michael Owen's. can you imagine if we signed Owen in his prime and played him wide right.....?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  Agree the hysteria around Vargas is based on his subs appearance against Liverpool that game aside I honestly cannot think of too much that he has done to warrant people keep calling for his inclusion. Busy and works hard but in terms of an actual outcome not very effective

Comment

Most of our players have been anonymous all season. I think vargas has always been lively. Most frustrating thing is we've not played him up front where he scores for fun in a top international side, its ludicrous.

To put it in perspective, his international goal ratio is slightly better than Michael Owen's. can you imagine if we signed Owen in his prime and played him wide right.....?
                    If you point is to play him up top then I do agree with you Del never really been given a chance up there so yes but for me he ineffective out wide

Would love to see him twinned with Austin think that looks a decent paring

Comment

Not sure you can make that comparison, there are a lot of goals scored in South American qualifiers. Some pretty poor international sides down there and some teams that play very offensively minded football. Don't get me wrong, I liked what I saw at the start of the season from Vargas, I just think he's gone off the boil and as such he isn't getting selected.

Comment

I think Charles & Eddie should be played up top together... Would I lie to you Baby? Would I lie to you? OH Yeah!
                        Look into my eyes cant you see they`re open wide(?)...awful tune and now it`s gonna be in my head all F-in day.

Comment

Niko K over anyone is more of a concern for me.

Completely anonymous yet again. Offers nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                            Niko K over anyone is more of a concern for me.

Completely anonymous yet again. Offers nothing.
                            Must say Jimmy when we went down to 10 and we put him in the centre thought he controlled the middle of the park for us but prior to that he never done a lot

Comment

Plan B again. Starting him on the left is pointless. Hasn't got the minerals anymore for that kind of role.

Comment

Working...
                              X