Joey Barton - Liability or ASSet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    When Barton is used correctly I think he's a decent player. And by that I mean, used as a hardworking, ball winning midfielder. The mistake we make is that we try and use him in this playmaker type role where he gets on the ball and tries to knock it around. I'm sorry but Joey isn't up to that job at this level, his vision and his range of passing simply aren't good enough!

And then there is the issue of his temperament, yesterday was ridiculous! Dunno why anyone is surprised though, if he can do it last game of the season away at City then he can do it at any time, anywhere. The guy clearly struggles with self control.

Shake hands and move on at the end of his contract for me, more hassle than he's worth!
    This

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      When Barton is used correctly I think he's a decent player. And by that I mean, used as a hardworking, ball winning midfielder. The mistake we make is that we try and use him in this playmaker type role where he gets on the ball and tries to knock it around. I'm sorry but Joey isn't up to that job at this level, his vision and his range of passing simply aren't good enough!

And then there is the issue of his temperament, yesterday was ridiculous! Dunno why anyone is surprised though, if he can do it last game of the season away at City then he can do it at any time, anywhere. The guy clearly struggles with self control.

Shake hands and move on at the end of his contract for me, more hassle than he's worth!
      spot on. liability. the only small positive from his game is his ability to win some balls. his passing is awful, no thanks to his need to constantly play the Hollywood long ball that he cant play. spot on post all around.
      need sandro there
      Rangers Til I Die
      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Liability.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
        X