Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official coach stewards required for Hull

We've been asked by the club to relay this message:

Due to the incredible demand for travel on the club coaches this weekend, we still require six supporters to steward the last three coaches for our trip to Hull City on Saturday

If anyone is interested please contact the QPR Customer Services line on 0208 740 2613 and we will be able to arrange a complimentary match ticket and travel for each steward

Steward duties are as follows:
    • Stewards will need to take the stubs off from each supporters coach ticket as they board the coach
    • Stewards will need to ensure that all supporters get on the coach at both ends and service station stops, unless communicated otherwise
    • Stewards should serve supporters refreshments if required

Please note that all stewards need to report to the head stewards, Ian Stenning and Len Hillier at 08:15am at Loftus Road

Will they cover my air fare?
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Good effort by the club arranging this I know not all are happy but I think they have done a smashing job.

Comment

It's subsidised by the premier league same as the cheap tkts

Comment

Webbie I know there are many who don't want to give the club credit but whether its subsidised or not they have put the logistics etc in place they could have just done the tickets and turned blind eye to transport

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Webbie I know there are many who don't want to give the club credit but whether its subsidised or not they have put the logistics etc in place they could have just done the tickets and turned blind eye to transport
            Mate I know what your saying and I know what goes into as used to help stewarding in Daphne's days of running it, at the end of the day they organise most of the time 2 coaches for away games and they know well ahead what games the are going to offer cheap deals for so they let the coach company know they need 6 more for this date. Years ago we drew Man Utd in the fa cup and we went with something like 56 coaches and had 3 weeks to organise, that was a logistical nightmare. Not saying they don't do a good job just saying 1) to organise a few more coaches when you have 2/3 months notice is not a big deal and 2) it's sponsored by hand outs from the premier league not the club.

Comment

Thing is, irrespective of motives or who's paying it's a good initiative. A drawback for me (and presumably many others too) is I don't live anywhere near LR/London so I can't make use of it.
              I think it's very important that the club continues to consciously grow our fan base. We're surrounded by other clubs in London vying for new fans... we can't have them snaffling up all the young 'uns.
              Blunt truth is our away support is nothing to boast about this season and recently: I know there are mitigating factors but those factors apply to other clubs too. Last time I went to Hull a few seasons back we were pushing for promotion in our title winning season I think? It was definitely a BIG game. It was March/April I think, 3pm Saturday KO, tickets were cheap-ish and yet we took an embarrassingly poor turn out..... doubt if was even 500.
              Looks like 2000+ are going this time and the free coaches must be a huge factor in that 4-fold rise.

Comment

Working...
              X