Pleased we didn't get Sherwood...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleased we didn't get Sherwood...

Have to say at one stage I wanted Sherwood and thought he would be a good appointment for us BUT having seen his Villa presser and read some quotes, for a number of reasons now, i'm very happy we didn't appoint him...

One quote from the presser was in regards to joining us was - “There was a chance. It was a good opportunity. We discussed it and decided it probably wasn't right for either party”. Meaning.. You got shunned Tim because you wanted too much money or come across like what we have had in the past with Hughes and Redknapp. Either way im extremely happy we did not appoint this arrogant man. I don't think the squad would of reacted well to him.. I'm glad Ramsey (who is more qualified and was the brains behind Tim @ Spurs) has got the chance.

He looks and sound very nervous to me, he is on his own without his people around him and it shows. I have started up several ventures but always had my tried and tested with me, I will put my head on the block and say"Tim Sherwood will struggle at Villa!!"
    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
      He looks and sound very nervous to me, he is on his own without his people around him and it shows. I have started up several ventures but always had my tried and tested with me, I will put my head on the block and say"Tim Sherwood will struggle at Villa!!"
      I think so to mate. Just doesn't seem like a right fit to me... Villa are a massive club and his all on his own with a director of football yet to come in. I just don't think it will end well.. In addition to all this, Sherwood himself is a walking headline for the press.

Comment

he will do well to keep Villa up, needs to keep Benteke and Delph onside, don't think he will. I'm happy at the moment with Ramsey, but it is far too early to get excited with him. But, if he keeps us up, I'd be p*****d off if he doesn't get the job full time
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          Have to say at one stage I wanted Sherwood and thought he would be a good appointment for us BUT having seen his Villa presser and read some quotes, for a number of reasons now, i'm very happy we didn't appoint him...

One quote from the presser was in regards to joining us was - “There was a chance. It was a good opportunity. We discussed it and decided it probably wasn't right for either party”. Meaning.. You got shunned Tim because you wanted too much money or come across like what we have had in the past with Hughes and Redknapp. Either way im extremely happy we did not appoint this arrogant man. I don't think the squad would of reacted well to him.. I'm glad Ramsey (who is more qualified and was the brains behind Tim @ Spurs) has got the chance.
          You can predict how the rest of Aston Villa's season will go from a single presser and reading some quotes?
          Respect

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
            You can predict how the rest of Aston Villa's season will go from a single presser and reading some quotes?
            Respect
            I can do even better than that. I can predict it without looking at that information. They will get relegated, finally.
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post

Very happy he didn't come here, something didn't seem right about him. The last two games we have seem that CR is doing something different but which works for us, our club have made the right choice at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                I can do even better than that. I can predict it without looking at that information. They will get relegated, finally.
                I hope you are right Kirill. A lot will depend on his first game next week. Home to Stoke is winnable but if they fail to do that I think and hope they will struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                  Respect
                  Now now...

Comment

villa will stay up, they have a really good run in and decent players.

Comment

Tbh I thought he could of done ok with us, but now I think getting Ramsey was definitely the best option. A real back to basics manager. Which is what we're crying out for.

Who's gonna be Sherwoods coaching team at Villa out of interest?

Comment

If you look at the smaller sides currently doing well in the Prem Swansea and Southampton are the most successful. They run their club with a football philosophy in place and hire their managers according to this. I think this is what we are aiming to do by getting Les in a senior role to put the philosophy in place and having ramsey as youth development boss. Lets see if he can be successful at the first team level.

Comment

IM GLAD WEVE GOT RAMSEY this sherwood fella is a grade a c u next tuesday kind of fella hes so full of him self - hed be like all the over the top run of the mill players we have signed hes only interested in using us a shop window for other jobs not interested in the club of anything else

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Belt me if I'm wrong but did anyone else see the way Timmy clenched his fists when villa got the second v Leicester. raving iron if you ask me,rather Ramsey
                            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Latest Tim Quote- "I'm the Headmaster now"- what an embarrassing twunt, so pleased we gave it a swerve!

Comment

Working...
                              X