Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Caulker

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/st...e-2268367.aspx

Glad the players all seem happy.......now if they'd like to make the supporters happy and continue with the sunderland form

Comment

Reusing this old Caulker thread - as I've finally gotten the opportunity to watch the midweek MOTD, and seeing his enormous mistake vs arsenal again made me wonder why now? I'm talking about his hurried errant pass to Sanchez later in the game which left Sanchez with a 1:1 with greeno. Luckily for us Greeno made a massive save. But Caulker made an almost identical mistake v Spurs, which I believe was missed by Kane when it should've been put in.

Many threads on here grasp at straws to connect A and B, but I don't see any causes (new defensive coach, interest from other clubs, etc) to explain his recent lapses in performance. If anything, the inclusion of Doughty and Furlong in the back 4 mix should spur him to want to keep his place.

In the end, Im afraid CR most likely cant name a lineup with him in it, and I'm just venting here. We could really do without him making a costly error like v Spurs and Arsenal at Palace at the weekend.
      Rangers Til I Die
      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
        In the end, Im afraid CR most likely cant name a lineup with him in it, and I'm just venting here. We could really do without him making a costly error like v Spurs and Arsenal at Palace at the weekend.
        Makes one nearly every game so hope he is dropped. Liability.

Comment

I've slated Caulker in the past but actually thought that Spurs was one of his better games and that, quite frankly, says it all for me.

Comment

I've heard that he's leaving in the summer

Comment

Selective memories that forget green played him into trouble with short balls. I don't know what part of the game people are watching when they come up with comments sometimes. Certainly not the before bit

Comment

i take your point greengrass, but im talking about very careless mistakes. https://vid.me/sJwD
                see 11:35 in that highlight video. easily can see two spurs on his left and dinks a shocking pass to yun there. (i said it was kane who bottled the chance but) any other day and townsend there finishes that chance.

the arsenal mistake was more blatant.

the bigger picture point I'm making here is 2 points:
                we have many players who play a solid game for the majority of it but make some extremely daft mistakes. why do some people get away with it while others get the book thrown at them.
                Other point = its very worrying when even your most rock solid of your "steady 11" start to have a wobble.
                Rangers Til I Die

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                  Makes one nearly every game so hope he is dropped. Liability.
                  i wouldnt go this far, considering the alternative would be something like: furlong - rio - onuoha - yun.
                  not that thats a terrible back 4, but like I said.. I think I'm just venting, and praying steven finds his rock solid 90 mins in him come saturday
                  Rangers Til I Die

Comment

Yun isnt a premiership player either, sorry to say it cos i know hes loved on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Yun isnt a premiership player either, sorry to say it cos i know hes loved on here.
                      We havent got many of those Kev...Yun is a decent Championship quality player imo.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                        We havent got many of those Kev...Yun is a decent Championship quality player imo.
                        Lets hope they are good enough championship standard to get us back out of it next season mate.

Comment

Sorry but I disagree with you guys, Kev and v..... Yun, Isla, Green, Phillips (recent form), Fer, Sandro, Henry, Austin could all get into lower/mid sides imho, just need to be managed correctly. Dont have to be world beaters to be a 'Premiership player'.
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                            Sorry but I disagree with you guys, Kev and v..... Yun, Isla, Green, Phillips (recent form), Fer, Sandro, Henry, Austin could all get into lower/mid sides imho, just need to be managed correctly. Dont have to be world beaters to be a 'Premiership player'.
                            Agree with Nick!

We had some players who are definitely of prem standard!! Yun for me is def one of them! There is not much difference from a top championship player ands a player playing in la bottom half prem team imo!!
                            As for caulker I still rate the lad - hasn't been amazing by any means but he's Young and still think he will mature to be a top player imo!!

I hope we stick with him!!

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                              i wouldnt go this far, considering the alternative would be something like: furlong - rio - onuoha - yun.
                              not that thats a terrible back 4, but like I said.. I think I'm just venting, and praying steven finds his rock solid 90 mins in him come saturday
                              But he is a serial clanger

Comment

Working...
                              X