Phil Beard Resigns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
    But surely thats not entirely his decision? Warnock wanted SWP, presumably Tony backs him and tells Beard to get it done. I'm not saying he is completely free of blame but the way some people talk, its like they think its entirely down to him that we have these crap players on high wages.

Big name signings were wanted by Tony/Warnock/Hughes/Redknapp and Beard got them done at a price that the board and various managers accepted at the time.

Like I said, don't think he is blameless but some of the hate for him seems way over the top.
    This!

I'm glad he's gone because he was in the wrong job but I don't dislike the guy. I also don't think he should carry the blame for too many of the mistakes we've made, not his fault he was put in a job he didn't understand!

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
      Do you think the demographic is going to any different a mile and half up the road at Old OaK ?
      I would argue given there looking to create a new suburb there may well be a new demographic as the houses and flats built probably won't be affordable to most

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        I would argue given there looking to create a new suburb there may well be a new demographic as the houses and flats built probably won't be affordable to most
        Read somewhere last week Westy that they might well be forced to build affordable housing and also as on any new build a percentage has to be social housing too. Not acres of these "Safety deposit box" flats for the well off investment bankers but proper houses for the average London population.

http://www.cityam.com/209241/boris-m...-housing-needs
        Last edited by vblockranger; 14-02-2015, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
          Read somewhere last week Westy that they might well be forced to build affordable housing and also as on any new build a percentage has to be social housing too. Not acres of these "Safety deposit box" flats for the well off investment bankers but proper houses for the average London population.

http://www.cityam.com/209241/boris-m...-housing-needs
          Mixture of both would be best mate in my view

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Houses and flats arn`t affordable to most at the moment in W12 ,it will most probably be immigrant families in the social housing and white middle and upper classes in the rest ,pretty much what Bush is now , the indigenous white working class ,that make up the majority of Football supporters have long left inner London.
            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
              Houses and flats arn`t affordable to most at the moment in W12 ,it will most probably be immigrant families in the social housing and white middle and upper classes in the rest ,pretty much what Bush is now , the indigenous white working class ,that make up the majority of Football supporters have long left inner London.
              London population of 9 million by 2020 of which less than 40% will be white British (44.9% as of 2011). Not saying its a bad thing or a wrong thing just amazed that things have changed so much and so fast. London seems to be a hotspot for people settling from other countries.

Comment

London population of 9 million by 2020 of which less than 40% will be white British (44.9% as of 2011). Not saying its a bad thing or a wrong thing just amazed that things have changed so much and so fast. London seems to be a hotspot for people settling from other countries.
                Would be interested in hearing peoples views on this. A stat like this in the Daily Mail would have their readers (normally people who dont live in London) up in arms. As a born and bred Londoner who still works and lives in the City, I see the changing face of it but is it really an issue? Not every foreigner is an English hating benefit scrounger, in fact 99% of the ones I come across are pretty alright. Many of them are 2nd generation immigrants too so completely British in their views. But on the flip side, this is the capital of the UK so should white British really become a minority?!

Comment

most popular name of 2014 is mohamhead.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Not sure I would blame Phil Beard for failing to identify players who is keen to play for QPR on reasonable terms. As far as I know, he has never been a scout, has he.?
                    Last edited by Shania; 15-02-2015, 12:21 PM.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• I'm seriously believing that the ruthlessness that we all thought TF has had in his other businesses is no coming into effect. First the tweets about no new players or chequebook and Harry actually doing his job, then Harry 'resigning', the back room staff overhaul, refusal to pay over the odds for Sherwood, and now Phil Beard going with only a months notice (usually 6-12 months for someone in that position).

Maybe he has learnt his lesson and getting the club back in shape. Yes it may be late but better late than never

Comment

Working...
                      X